Author Topic: 2011 Diesel Sport Estate just sold  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Rhod

• S Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
2011 Diesel Sport Estate just sold
« on: November 20, 2019, 12:28:52 pm »
Hi all,
Just joined to say goodbye to my Mazda 6 estate, that served family duties very well for 8 years and 100,000 miles.
Now have a surplus set of winter tyres, good for one more season, that I'd like to off-load. Just need to reach 10 posts before I can put them in the classifieds section!
Thanks.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2004
Re: 2011 Diesel Sport Estate just sold
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 02:14:44 pm »
I'm presuming that you have had no problems or exciting moments over the past 8 years that might have warranted you joining the forum before now.

This is good, but it's a shame that you have only joined to try and "off load"  your tyres.

Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline Rhod

• S Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:28:09 pm »
Hi Willpower,

No problems to report of - one recall for replacement boot struts, otherwise just annual servicing and consumables - Japanese reliability was one of the main reasons I chose the Mazda to replace a constantly niggly BMW 5 series.

However reliable the car is / was and being a relatively decent steer with a cracking manual gearbox, for me, excitement doesn't really feature in a diesel, family estate, even with a "Sport" moniker.

As for forum membership, yes, I considered joining when I first bought the car (as I do each and every forum with the other brands of cars I've owned), but it's not really my thing as there's always some keyboard warrior waiting to fire off a snide comment. I've done it now just to give another owner the chance to benefit from these tyres at this time of year rather than send them off to landfill.  I'm not looking for any money for them, yes, free, gratis, to anyone who can use them. I figured a fellow 6 owner would be the most likely recipient (they may fit some Mercs) as they're a fairly niche size 225x45x18, Michelin Alpin 4, set of 4.

Rhod.

Offline Leew

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Trim: TS2
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 01:06:32 pm »
Hi Rhod,
            being a new owner I've just joined the forum and have seen your post.I suppose you have offloaded the tyres by now?