Author Topic: Couple of issues  (Read 4834 times)

Offline IrishCJ6

• S Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Couple of issues
« on: May 02, 2016, 07:25:26 pm »
Hello, new to the forum. I have a 09 2.0 diesel Mazda 6 with around 130km on the clock. I've got a couple of issues I hope someone here can help with.

1. Engine vibrations, I have a good vibration from the engine, progressively worsens with higher rpm, I have replaced all 3 engine mounts hoping this would solve the problem but it still exists. What else could cause the vibration from the engine?

2. Sluggish power delivery until the engine is warm (full operating temp), once the engine is warm the car is perfect.

3. Intermittent engine warning light, comes on every now and again, when it comes on it puts the car into a limp style mode where the car will not produce boost. It can be reset but disconnecting the battery.

I hope someone can provide so insight into these symptoms

Thanks

Andrew

Offline __BC__

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Couple of issues
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 02:47:54 pm »

1. Have you checked the drive belt and pulleys?

3. Get a cheap OBDII reader off ebay, at least then you can pull the code and see what it's referring to. It could be dozens of reasons for a warning light, they can be reset using the reader as well. I have one that connects on Bluetooth and I use OBD doctor app to read and reset from it. There are a lot of apps, this one worked for me but plenty of free and paid apps that can be used.