Author Topic: Which Navigation System ?  (Read 6708 times)

Offline alan33

• TS Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2018
Which Navigation System ?
« on: August 05, 2021, 02:55:50 pm »
I have a Mazda 6 Estate, which I purchased in 2018 .

Ever  since I purchased the car I have been referring to the Mazda website to view how to use the Sat Nav, it has never been of any help.
I have just found that the MAZDA UK website and the MAZDA IPHONE app both show the wrong sat nav as being fitted into my car.
On the website no matter if I chose the car using year of manufacture or the VIN number I end up with the TOM TOM version of sat nav which is the same information I find if I use the phone app when I have only one sat nav manual to view.

The problem I have now is. I do not know If I can trust the manual about the car either as this could be the wrong car as well
Is anyone else having the same issue

Alan

Mod Edit; Topic title changed
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:03:09 pm by Willpower »
I love to drive my car but has too many issues

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re:Which Navigation System ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 05:22:21 pm »
Just to establish a base line.

You say you bought the car in 2018. Was that new or pre used ? i.e an earlier model than 2018

If by chance it was pre used. It may be that a previous owner changed the Sat Nav at some stage, which is why you cannot seem to get the right information.

What was it you were trying to learn ?  Maybe some one here can help you.    I am also moving this post to the Navigation forum which I would think would be more appropriate.   

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:02:02 pm by Willpower »
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Year: 2019
Re: Which Navigation System ?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 12:22:14 pm »
My current car has the Mazda system but the previous one had the TomTom version, so if you confirm which model you have and what you need to know I should be able to help you

Mod Edit: Topic Title changed
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:03:29 pm by Willpower »

Offline alan33

• TS Class
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 02:45:44 pm »
USING MAZDA website recently I used the VIN number of the car and now the website gives a choice of the TOM TOM, or the SATNAV made by MAZDA and YES the one fitted is a MAZDA one, and now after a few years of use, the thing is not reliable to get you a the desired location in the quickest route, I recently tried to use my phone as a HOTSPOT to be able to use up to date traffic and found the SATNAV then had a complete wobbly and took me miles out of the way to avoid a road repair that was not blocking the route it would have taken if the up to date traffic had not been connected.
The car is great to drive and comfortable but the IT side of things has only been up in to make you spend money with MAZDA I will now buy a TOMTOM and stand it on the dash, to make sure I get where I want to be.   

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 12:37:13 pm »
Mazda only give you free Satnav updates for the first three years while the car in under warranty, something which is common practice with most manufacturers.
As you say, it is a way of getting you to spend more money but I suppose it comes down to how often you use the Satnav. Personally I only use mine five or six times a year as most of my journeys are to places in the local area that I go to regularly so I probably will not pay for updates when the free ones expire next year.
I have had both the TomTom and Mazda systems so if you have any questions please let me know.

Offline alan33

• TS Class
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 01:53:51 pm »
Hi the sat nav is a MAZDA version, and the card is updated via the MAZDA tool box and now the issue solved.
I have been told even though the car is only 4 years old Mazda have no plans to update the software so it will connect to a IPHONE12 HOTSPOT if the IPHONE is running with a ISO greater than 12 in fact it appears no Phone with a HOTSPOT with modern security o WP3 as Mazda only support WPA or WPA2

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: SE
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 06:50:36 pm »
Never had trouble with an AA road atlas.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire