Author Topic: Part-exed my Mazda 6 SE-L NAV D Tourer for a Mazda 6 sport nav D Saloon  (Read 4636 times)

Offline steveb

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2014
While in for a service I was tempted. Got the new car last weekend. Including the safety package.

Quick comparison after a week
The new 6 seems a slight bit better at handling the bumps, even with the 19" wheels so that's a plus.

Stereo/sat nav is much quicker to load. There is less in the NAV set up. i.e. can't change the map colours, voices etc. I think I preferred the TomTom functionality and the way the maps zoomed in at roundabouts etc., but as I'm getting used to it and it works fine. Ipad loads up much quicker and remembers the settings, no more putting on shuffle everytime I start the car.

The heads up display might help if it was centred. Mine is off to the left and the speed signs hang off the edge of the little screen unless I lean to one side, so it's going back to the dealer to get it centred. You can adjust the height but not the left-right position.

Same engine and I'm taking it easy so I can't fell a great difference in that.

I find the Blind Spot Monitoring and the adaptive headlights really useful. Not really been on the motorway so lane keep assist hasn't been that useful yet.

Electric seat adjustment is easier but once it's adjusted I don't use it much. Heated seats and steering wheel are good in the cold.

Inside is much more luxurious, leather seats and the trim are higher quality.

Noise reduction is a bit better too.

I really loved the old car and this is well just better.

Still the best looking car in the sector.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Part-exed my Mazda 6 SE-L NAV D Tourer for a Mazda 6 sport nav D Saloon
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:05:39 pm »

Me from a 14 plate sport nav 2.2 175 auto to a 2017 model had it 1 year and 12700 miles quieter smoother  faster and everything else you said just a better car all round would still like 25/50 extra bhp to match up to the German contingent it already looks better than them so why not go better than them ????? But that’s me !

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Part-exed my Mazda 6 SE-L NAV D Tourer for a Mazda 6 sport nav D Saloon
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 05:35:56 pm »
The sedan has longer wheelbase and that makes it more mature on the road. The station is quite similar to the old car.