Author Topic: Thinking about a Mazda 6  (Read 5576 times)

Offline Sidthecat

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Thinking about a Mazda 6
« on: March 18, 2017, 07:10:23 pm »
Drove an Impreza for many years then traded in for a Forester to gain the extra boot space. Age is catching up on me now with the resultant knee and hip issues and this has led me to look at the 6. The access and legroom in the new models I've sat in suit me fine so I'm now weighing up the saloon v tourer in probably Sportsnav mode.
Finances would probably restrict me to a 15/16 plate and I wondered if there was anything untoward in the model that I might need to look out for, or be aware of. Would buy through a dealer so presumably any initial issues would be covered by way of warranty.
On a separate note, is it possible to edit my profile to show that I don't have a car at present - it seems to auto-default to assume that I do
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:14:29 pm by Sidthecat »

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2009
Re: Thinking about a Mazda 6
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 07:16:11 pm »
Being a bit radical, but why don't you buy the Outback or the Levorg? The Mazda will feel a bit less solid compared to the Subarus.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 08:06:29 pm »
Hi welcome to the forum. I'm afraid , like nature, the forum doesn't like empty spaces such as certain profile fields. It therefore automatically puts in a default value.

Sorry  :)

Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline Sidthecat

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 08:13:27 pm »
Being a bit radical, but why don't you buy the Outback or the Levorg? The Mazda will feel a bit less solid compared to the Subarus.

The Levorg isn't the prettiest car in the world . . . . we looked at the Outback previously and had given it thought but as with all the Subarus, the mpg is pretty poor. Fancy changing the marque - it's coming down to the Mazda or Jaguar XF, although unlikely to get an XF for the money available

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 09:01:04 pm »
Hi go for the latest 175 Bhp you can most problems sorted after the 14 plates if you go auto it will have to be the 175 diesel or petrol then the 165. I have just traded a 14 plate 175 auto saloon that I had for 2 years loved it for a 17 plate 175 with everything except radar cruise and this is even better the 15/16 is the face lift version of the 14 plate and then the 2017 version has all the improvements and IMHO is smoother faster quieter what ever you get yes you will have a warranty and my advice would be to extend it as repairs and spares are to expensive if you do have a problem.
Cheers steve 8)

Offline ColinB

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 09:33:32 pm »
The saloon looks good but the fixed rear parcel shelf appears to significantly restrict boot space and carrying capacity which has disappointed some people. The Tourer, which is what I have, is more versatile in providing load space and also looks pretty good. It is surprising just how often the load area comes in useful.

I have the 165 petrol which drives very well. Although lacking the diesel 'grunt' the engine is very flexible and smooth and you can take roundabouts in 6th! I get around 41/42 mpg in general driving which is not far short of the diesel figures unless you are doing a lot of motorway driving. The petrol engine is simpler than the diesel with less bolt on gadgets to go expensively wrong.