Author Topic: Not quite got, but ordered :)  (Read 8015 times)

Offline AndyThilo

• TS Class
  • Colour: Arctic White (A4D) Non-Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2011
Not quite got, but ordered :)
« on: October 27, 2016, 06:22:06 pm »
After a break from my old MY11 6 Sport which got written off thanks to a drain on the M25 and with 2 years in a VX Insignia, I've ordered today my new lease car. MY17 Mazda 6 Sport Nav Auto in arctic white with Safety pack and radar cruise control.

Should get delivery estimate in a few days but it will be factory build (which I wanted anyway to guarantee getting a MY17 with the extra goodies).

Mods wise, I'll be fitting a boot lip spoiler (probably this one if they'll ship to the UK) - http://mv-tuning.ru/catalog/28736/137652/. Also fitting the folding mirror module. That'll probably be it, it comes with LED interior lights, but I change the boot to LED's if not fitted.

Can't wait :D

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Not quite got, but ordered :)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 07:58:24 pm »
It sounds so nice getting a brand new car every two years and not having to pay for it!  :-*

Does the company let you modify a lease car?

Offline AndyThilo

• TS Class
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 03:56:12 pm »
Well it's a bit of a story. When my 2011 M6 got written off, I had to get into another car ASAP. The insignia was a 6 month old with 13.5k miles on it. But I fancied a change. I love to look of it but the engine isn't the best and interior is creaky. It's actually my company now, so I decided that I'd sell the insignia , should get £12k for it on autotrader and get back into a M6.

I should add I had the 2011 sport for 4 years before it got written off and it had 115k miles on it.

The new lease is 4 years and 25k miles per year so I'll be stuck with it, but I'm sure I'll be happy. So we'll stick the cash in the bank and the Mazda is £315/month. I can do what I want to it as long as it doesn't effect the insurance. So adding a plastic stick on spoiler and fitting the OEM folding mirror kit isn't a problem. It's got everything else. I've really missed all the toys, the insignia had nothing apart from Mac and parking sensors. Even had to work the wipers myself!!!!

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 08:04:15 pm »
Yes a write off is always tricky, especially when you need the car. I got stack like that for more than one year until I got mine by accident really, looking for a diesel segment D and after test driving all sorts of franchise cars.

The Insignia is great for the little money they ask for it. It is the cheapest segment D but somehow when you try to buy them a bit older, they ask some crazy figures. What is the MAC system? I had tested a nearly new diesel 160 and it felt OK but I could not feel the difference from the same Astra I tested. It was like it was the same category car.

I understand what you mean about the lease deal and I have a question. If you pay £315 per month for 4 years, it turns out a total of £15120. Do they service the car with that money? I am asking that because I assume that then they will ask you to return the car or pay them more money to keep it.  A nearly new Sport Nav automatic costs £19450. A 2013 Sport Nav automatic I can see at Arnold Clark with 28K miles, costs £12K. Does it work out cheaper to buy the nearly new car in cash and keep it until you decide that you had enough? Even the used 2013 which is the cheapest franchise car you buy of this model, still seems like a deal.

Offline AndyThilo

• TS Class
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »
Hi

We paid £16,500.00 for the insignia which isn't bad for a £25k car that's 6 months old. The point for us with lease is that firstly, we do a lot of miles so when it comes time to sell, they're worth naff all. Secondly it's minimal outlay, it's much easier to pay £315 a month than £25k upfront. So doing the maths, we say pay £25k for the car, and when we sell it in 4 years time we get maybe 5-6k, we've spent 19K. Even if we get 10K (which is very unlikely for a 100k+ mile car) we break even with leasing. And then it's the hassle of selling. Lease we just hand it back and get a shiny new one. Ok you could argue that the sale of the existing car off-sets the price of the new.

For me, I wanted a MY17 car so getting ex demo or nearly new was out of the question. In fact I wouldn't have had a 6 before the MY15 facelift that added the better navi system and the one reason I went to VX. The tomtom system was appauling IMHO.

Oh forgot to say, they don't service the car with that money :). Here's the final thing, as a company car, I'm paying company car tax, so I expect a brand spanking new car. Well plus I'm the Director so I'll get what I want :D.

I could have had the SE-L Auto, but too many toys to loose :D. Just waiting for delivery date now and find out where I've got to go to collect it (I'm not having their idiots drive it to me). Did that with the Missus's car and they warped the break discs.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 08:10:25 pm »
Hello,

Yes I know what you mean about the benefits of the new car on lease and then return it for peace of mind. The lease company may get a discount from Mazda for their car and then they give you their monthly fee. Still in my mind, if a lease company could lease out nearly new cars, the deal would have been even better.

For me as a private driver, I try to figure out what the optimum cost of running a car. I suppose if my final overall costs are reduced down to the mileage allowance of 25p per mile, I would say that the car paid off its money and all the extra money goes to the pot for a newer one.

Be patient now with the delivery and enjoy the new car!

Offline AndyThilo

• TS Class
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 08:33:23 pm »
I guess that's the other thing, I don't pay for Diesel  ;D

Offline AndyThilo

• TS Class
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 03:13:23 pm »
Well tomorrow is finally the day. After a 6 week delay, my M6 Sport Nav Auto is being delivered tomorrow :D. Can't wait!