Author Topic: 2010 mazda 6 drivers seat problems/issues  (Read 43197 times)

Offline MazdaMatt2.5

• S Class
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Re: 2010 mazda 6 drivers seat problems/issues
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 09:13:17 pm »
Hi

Hopefully someone can help.

I have only had my Mazda 3weeks and have noticed a problem with the drivers seat. It is a "clicking" noise I hear from the back right of the seat. It sounds like the noise of the seat locking into position after it has been moved on its rails.

I took the car to my local dealer as it is so new (to me) and has a 12mth warranty. They couldn't replicate the noise in the workshop and to be fair to them they took me into the workshop to show me this. They acknowledged that the frame is known to crack but this was not the case with mine and they found no issue with the seat. I did query why it could be wobbled on its runners when running free and before locking into place but they said this was "normal". They said they understood my concerns and that the seat should surely not do this but they said they were happy with the safety aspect and there was no cause of the problem for them to fix.

So now I am unsure how to proceed. What could the issue be? It only seems to happen when driving, it seems as though it occurs after every few corners and can't be replicated when the car is stationary. Do you think it is worth buying one of these kits that someone else referred to and hope it may work http://www.as-cars.co.uk/driver-seat-repair-kit---mazda-6-2008-2012-new-shape-brand-new-1520-p.asp. I would rather not spend any money but I cant get the dealer to fix something when he says there is nothing to fix.

Any advice appreciated

Matt

Offline MazdaMatt2.5

• S Class
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 06:58:07 pm »
Anyone help a newbie ?

Offline 185_jools

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 11:34:42 am »
Hi Matt

It sounds very much to me like your seat frame is cracked. I have the same problem, but have not done anything else about it to date. It is a known issue. The seat moves as if it isn't locked, usually when negotiating a right turn on mine. My seat apparently has a cracked weld on the seatbelt side. The starlock washers had also fallen off , which I fixed, as detailed earlier in this thread.
The dealer immediately knew what I was talking about, but as Mazda had not issued a service bulletin, it would be about £400 to fix. This involved ordering a new frame and labour to fit it.
If the car is within a Mazda warranty, then I would have thought it should be fixed FOC. You could always print off this thread and take it to the dealer as some backup to your request for repair. The kit you've linked to I don't believe is going to be any use to you.
Hope that helps.
Black 2009 Mazda 6 Sport 185

Offline Farnsworth28

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 02:57:29 pm »
Matt,

If the seat moves when you are driving then you could suggest this distracts you when you are driving. So - even though the dealer is satisfied with the safety aspect you could say you are certainly not.

Why not go back and let one of technicians drive the car so he can feel the issue first hand? This might back up your point.

I have just had the the same problem fixed under warranty on my 2010 Sport and it certainly p***** me off enough to kick off over it. I am not aware of any other known driver seat issues.

Does this help?

Farnsy

Offline MazdaMatt2.5

• S Class
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 10:26:42 pm »
Matt,

If the seat moves when you are driving then you could suggest this distracts you when you are driving. So - even though the dealer is satisfied with the safety aspect you could say you are certainly not.

Why not go back and let one of technicians drive the car so he can feel the issue first hand? This might back up your point.

I have just had the the same problem fixed under warranty on my 2010 Sport and it certainly p***** me off enough to kick off over it. I am not aware of any other known driver seat issues.

Does this help?

Farnsy

Thanks, yeah that helps. Seems to be getting worse daily. My wife is due to give birth in the next couple of weeks so getting a bit concerned now that something could fail whilst carrying our new born.

tbh I am toying of bringing it up on Twitter and seeing if Mazda UK or Magna Mazda do anything. Although my exprience of Magna Mazda in the 4wks of having the car has been anything but helpful including the fact that it clearly didn't have it's "inspection" being as when I checked the oil prior to a 400mile drive on day 3 of ownership there was hardly any oil in the engine, no washer fluid, had to top up the radiator and 3 of 4 tyres were under pressure. They told me as they had not seen this themselves as far as they were concerned it hadn't happened so wasn't an issue. Nice eh!

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 09:43:26 am »
I was looking at that as-cars company on eBay and I saw they offer a seat repair service for around £50 I think, they take the seat out, fit new washers and then weld them in place apparently so they never come off again, I wonder if they also repair a cracked frame? my seat is getting a bit noisy and am tempted to book a visit, only downside is they are in Cheshire I think which is a fair drive for me,

Andy

Offline M4RTIN

• S Class
  • Colour: Copper Red Mica (32V) Metallic
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 10:09:08 am »
I have just taken my seats out to fit full leather ones. and when i removed the drivers seat the runner near the middle of the car was hanging off. will take the seat to the dealers tomorrow and see if they can repair it as i want to sell them on.

Offline Napoleon

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 06:57:23 am »
Hi all
So glad I found this forum as my Mazda 6 Sports driver seat just failed.

I had the car new 4 years ago and in the past few weeks was experiencing a slight movement of the seat whenever cornering.
Then the other day it became completely detached, luckily not in a dangerous place, but it could have been lethal.
On finding this forum I now see that it is a known issue for Mazda and to be honest should have prompted a recall.

I have emailed Mazda and await their comments, but would welcome any updates from any of you that posted before with similar issues.
I do not feel persuaded to pay for a repair to something that Mazda were fully aware was an issue with this car.
Hopefully this thread is not too old to be read! Many thanks