Author Topic: Taking delivery of 2009 2.2D Sport  (Read 7140 times)

Offline JOLLYGREENJUNGLIE

• S Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
Taking delivery of 2009 2.2D Sport
« on: November 06, 2011, 07:38:17 pm »
Just put down the deposit on a 2009 2.2D Sport (33kmiles) and should be picking it up from a Mazda main dealer in the next week or so.   :)

Appreciate that Mazda are very reliable, currently own a 323 that has been as good as gold.

Anything that I should be alert to when inspecting  ???prior to signing.

Many Thanks

JGJ

Offline Rob

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Celestial Blue Mica (38J) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Taking delivery of 2009 2.2D Sport
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 04:00:06 pm »
I would ask to check that any recall work has been done, posts on here over cam chain issue, also ask that a copy of service history is given with car even though is digital, they should print off a copy if mazda dealer. Hope this helps.
Rob.

Offline JOLLYGREENJUNGLIE

• S Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 06:39:03 pm »
Well that didn't go to plan. 
3 hour drive to go see/pick up car from dealership.  30 min away and get call from dealer to say a van has reversed into the back of the car! :'(
Minor damage and so did test drive.  Rest of car good but really took the shine (no pun intended) of it all.
3 hour drive back left me questioning the whole thing. :-\

Offline St_John

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:58:59 pm »
If it were me, I'd walk away. There's plenty of good ones about and if anything gets missed from a repair (like cracked underseal under a wing or boot), it doesn't rear it's ugly head 'till much further down the line.

Offline H20PRO

• S Class
    • www.totalsoftwater.com
  • Colour: Sparkling Silver (24E) Metallic
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 02:23:08 pm »
Picked up a similar car (2009 2.2D Sport) from a local dealer 3 weeks ago and just had the first service (87,500 miles). Local garage have informed me that a brand new engine was fitted 6000 miles ago! Talk about a result? The car seems virtually brand new for a gnats under £9K!!

A liitle perturbed that the engine had to be changed in the first place but my last 6 Diesel lasted to 273,000 before I decided to pass it on, but apparently the engine was replaced under warranty due to "excessive cam wear". Anyone else seen this?

Offline andyk3090

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Copper Red Mica (32V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: LPG
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 06:34:43 pm »
 Just changed a 2.2D sport estate 2009 with 85K on the clock. Only issue in that time was a stretched timing chain repalced at 75K which meant the car being off he road for 3 weeks until they got a replacement. Mazda did it FOC even though it was passed the 60K warranty. It seems to be a big issue with the 2.2D. So I would check it has been checked by Mazda for this recall. Also watch for uneven wear on the rear tyres. Both sets had vibration on the rear as they wore down (Bridgestones)  The tyre place said they were wearing out of shape causing the judder. I had to live with it as the leasing company refused to change them until they were at or near the legal limit. This made the ride very unpleasant. Good as new when the tyres were replaced though.

Andy