Author Topic: Hi Guys! 2008 Mazda 2.0d Sport  (Read 14239 times)

Offline gor131-x

• S Class
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
Hi Guys! 2008 Mazda 2.0d Sport
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:26:37 pm »
Hi Guys

Ive just joined up on mazda 6 club,lots of interesting information and im new to Mazda.

I have always owned VW and so has my father. im on my third passat however this one has broken my faith in VW and its customer services. it seems the newer they get. the less they have to give back compared to the older models.

Im thinking of buying a Mazda 6 2.0d sport,i went today to view one and am currently in the middle of part exchanging mine for the mazda as i fell in love as soon as i saw it however.........

the dpf light is on solid and ive read waaayyy too many problems with them, the garage said that they have ordered the "part" and should be ready for me in 3-5 working days, by the sounds of it, i dont think he knew what he was talking about and that is worrying me now.

Theres a company here (sinspeed) who can completely remove the DPF and remap the ECU so i never have that problem ever. could there be more damage done to the enginer because this light is on? is it on because its been parked up?

Its a 2008 mazda 6 2.0d sport with 79k miles on the clock,

They're offering 3months parts and labour warranty and 3 years MOT and servicing so doesnt seem like a bad deal

Any advice would be appreciated guys!!!

Thanks!

Offline ColinB

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
Re: Hi Guys! 2008 Mazda 2.0d Sport
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 09:16:33 am »
You might want to consider whether the previous owner got rid of the car because of a DPF problem. If the place you are buying from is not a specialst Mazda dealer they might be unaware of the potentially horrendous costs of putting it right and when they do they may be strangely reluctant to honour their warranty!Of course the problem may not be that bad but that is the risk you take. In your position I would walk away and look for another one.

Sinspeed had a lot of good reports on the old Forum, I think they charge around £600 to remove the DPF and make the consequential adjustments and it can be done in a day.

Offline gor131-x

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 09:47:07 am »
Hi ColinB, Thanks for the quick reply

the thing is my passat is on finance and im getting a pretty good deal with the part ex on this,

im thinking of ringing them up and advising them of the issue how it could potentially be a massive problem and see what they say

have you got any links for customer reviews from sinspeed?

Offline ColinB

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 09:54:07 am »
have you got any links for customer reviews from sinspeed?

Sorry, no. There were probably half a dozen very positive reports on the old Mazda Forum and people seemed to be very satisfied with the service. Maybe someone else on here will be able to give you more information but a lot of the previous members haven't found their way back yet (the old Forum was hacked and corrupted as you may have realised)

I think it's pretty essential that you get the dealer to sort out the problem before you take the car, maybe they would consider funding the Sinspeed mod by knocking that amount off the price once they realise the possible liability?

Good luck anyway!

Offline gor131-x

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 10:12:47 am »
Ive just spoken to them and they have stated they will make sure it is repaired before giving me the car, and if the DPF needs replacing, they will do so, which i thought was fair

lets see what happens!

Thank You!!!

Offline slidey

• Sport Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 11:32:40 am »
i hope they've got a WDS/IDS machine to access the Mazda softwear, the DPF light comes on for many reasons, some of these are, a block or full DPF unit this might only need a regen,the oil level has reach the X mark on the dipstick, a oil and filter service is overdue,a problem with a sensor/sensors in the exhuast system.
If they replace the DPF unit they'll need to reset the DPF counter, any idea what the fault is?might be worth asking the garage.

Dave

Offline gor131-x

• S Class
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 11:39:25 am »
they just said to me that the car will be 100% before they give it me

Engine sounds sweet as a nut and the oil level was normal when i checked it, ive read that if the dpf light is flashing thats when it needs to go to dealers and if its solid then it needs a regen or oil and filter change

They said that it doesnt have to go to Mazda, we have a qualified professional auto electrician who will fully diagnose and rectify the fault, is he chatting baloneys?
They're a family run business and have been there a long time (over 25 years) and i live 2 minutes away from them

I am a bit worried to say the least, ive had a HPI check and everything has come back clear so the only thing is this DPF business

And should i get the DPF removed?

Ive found another company called ECU Flash who give a lifetime warranty on their job,DPF removal and remapping the ECU

Offline metalmickey

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2005
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 07:28:23 pm »
No such thing as a lifetime warranty, if a company goes bust what happens to their warranty?

Offline gor131-x

• S Class
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 08:05:55 pm »
Thanks for the honesty guys, very rare to find on forums these days.

Well the finance has gone through and they said the car will be ready in 3-5 working days after they have inspected the car,sorted the engine light and DPF light and done its MOT and will service it too, i went to check it out today aswell, started it from cold and soo quiet! Oil smells like new and dipstick levels when cold were at normal

They've assured me its definitely going to be fine and the 3 month warranty sounds good, also i live literally 2 mins away

What would you guys advise going further now that ive definitely got the car?

I am officially a Mazda owner! First in the family and first in the area by the looks of it for a new shape mazda 6,havent seen any around

Offline slidey

• Sport Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 06:26:52 pm »
I just hope they put the correct type of oil in, it must be a C1 class oil, it might be worth ringing up and asking what oil they used, so you can get a top up bottle, that way you'll find out what they used.
To keep your DPF happy, don't use 6th gear unless on motorways, then it's best to keep over 2000rpm, if you do a lot of short trips keep an eye on the oil level, when it's starts getting near the X mark change it, rather that wait till it does, this can cause the car to go into limp mode.
Enjoy your car.
Dave

Offline gor131-x

• S Class
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 10:35:27 pm »
I told them today i had a word with a mazda dealership who are the only people tgat can reset the dpf,he said the auto electrician they use is freelance and even does work for dealerships,theycould see i was worried so they said if the car comes in 2-3 times with this same fault,we will change the car for you,they seemed genuine and a nice bunch too,lets see what happens,should get the car in 3-5 working days,will post pics when i di get it

Oh and i spoke to sinspeed,nice guy and has a forum called mazda campaign and is pursuing mazda for this dpf issue,he said hes also coming on watchdog next week i think he said,defo gonna get the dpf removal done i think

Offline Rob

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Celestial Blue Mica (38J) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 03:55:28 pm »

I told them today i had a word with a mazda dealership who are the only people tgat can reset the dpf,he said the auto electrician they use is freelance and even does work for dealerships,theycould see i was worried so they said if the car comes in 2-3 times with this same fault,we will change the car for you,they seemed genuine and a nice bunch too,lets see what happens,should get the car in 3-5 working days,will post pics when i di get it

Oh and i spoke to sinspeed,nice guy and has a forum called mazda campaign and is pursuing mazda for this dpf issue,he said hes also coming on watchdog next week i think he said,defo gonna get the dpf removal done i think

gor131-x
Ive also got the 6 with the 2.0 ltr diesel, let us all know how you get on, a flashing dpf can mean a lot of things sensor faults, oil level & diesel mix contamination, i would run the car for a full year to see how the dpf performs for you, totally agree avoid 6th unless on motorway, even then its only doing 1900revs @ 70mph, i managed to do 11200 miles before the dpf light flashed, mazda is not the only brand to have dpf issues.
rob

Offline gor131-x

• S Class
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »
Hi Rob

I went into the garage today and they have taken it off the showroom and into the workshop to get it sorted

Im wondering,if it doesnt work out,any dealership could part ex it and i could get gud muny with mileage being ok and the condition of the car

Ive never felt soo worried about buying a new car !!!!

Offline billyjojimbob

• S Class
  • Colour: Cosmic Blue Mica (34M) Metallic
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 01:29:56 am »
u can have it completely removed for a bout 500 and have no further probs and better mpg

Offline gor131-x

• S Class
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 10:22:11 am »
Hi Billy

Im presuming you have had this done? Not found a lot of reviews or garages tht can do this or state that they have had it done and had no issues.

If you have had it done then where from,how long ago and how much if thats ok

Thank You