Author Topic: Standard Stereo with Dension iPod holder attached.  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Sandyzoo

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2006
Standard Stereo with Dension iPod holder attached.
« on: January 15, 2015, 08:25:13 am »
Hi all,

My first post.  I have a 2007 Mazda 6 1.8TS, which I bought about a month ago.  So far I am really pleased with it.

When I bought my car it had a Dension One box attached via the aerial, along with an ipod holder and dock.  The sound quality wasn't great so I have changed it for an Xcarlink bluetooth device, which works great.  It attaches to the multichanger port on the back of the stereo.
I was able to attach this, and remove the Dension One without removing the stereo.  However I am having problems removing the ipod holder, which is directly attached to the side of the stereo.  I managed to undo one screw, and not it seems to rock  - but is still somehow loosely attached to the stereo. 

Has anyone an experience of this?  Alternatively, does anyone have a picture of the left hand side of the standard 2007 Mazda 6 steroe?  If I can see where it is likely to be attached I *may* be able to undo it without removing the stereo (which looks like a NIGHTMARE!)

I'd be grateful for any advice.

:o)