Author Topic: 6 sport nav sat nav  (Read 7753 times)

Offline alan33

• TS Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2018
6 sport nav sat nav
« on: January 13, 2017, 03:09:40 pm »
I have had my 6 sport nav for 3 years now and the fitted sat nav that is a TOM TOM NB1 has been trouble to me, each time I update the card all my favourites disappear and I then have to spend an hour in the car re entering them all. does anyone have the same problem ? has anyone know how to enter the favourites into the card by the PC while sitting warm in the house and not cold outside, thanks in advance Alan
I love to drive my car but has too many issues

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Year: 2015
Re: 6 sport nav sat nav
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 04:10:39 pm »
Hi once i had update version 10.855 installed by my main dealer back in july last year the system has worked perfectly and i spoke to tom tom customer care about the live services and the on going problem of keep losing speed camera warnings and they extended the live services from August last year until October 2017 so in the nearly 2 years i have had the car which will be 3 years old in March my live services have been free as my main dealer gave me £50 off my 2nd service to compensate for the problems i had been having. I know what you mean about losing the favourites but i got very quick at putting them back in but since this last update and one reset i haven't lost them again. As far as i know that is still the latest update so when the car went in for it's 3rd service the instruction was to leave the tom tom alone
Hope this is of some help. cheers steve  8)

Offline alan33

• TS Class
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 02:48:05 pm »
Hi if you still have the  tomtom version of satnav the favourites are held in a file called loopback.ex3 and you can copy it to a safe place on your PC before performing the update of the map and if your favourite disappear you can copy it back to the same original place on the card.

Offline alan33

• TS Class
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 07:35:00 am »
I exchanged my 2013 maxda6  for a new 2018 Mazda 6 in January and the new dat nav is so bad I wish I had never changed the new one uses road sign recognition but when driving in France it does not know the difference between the motorway speed limit from the motorway slip road speed limit sign so one minute the speed limit is shown as 130 kph and then it is shown as 80 kph and in a country that loves to give 400 euro fines for speeding you assume you have missed seeing a speed limit sign and brake which causes the rest of the car to be redesigned by the Lordy behind so stick to the old system or buy a different car I wish I had

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 05:02:11 am »
Can't you de-activate it?

I really like warning signs as you can plan ahead instead of kicking desperately the brakes in a few metres.

Maybe in a holiday you could slow down and enjoy yourself but yes if it is a business trip when time counts, I am not sure how to avoid the fines.

Offline alan33

• TS Class
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 03:32:20 pm »
We have to travel 1789 miles to get where we are staying so travelling along fast is handy. my problem is having got used to the NB1 in the earlier Mazda 6 I got very reliant on the satnav and the other extras. A lot of the other extras the car has fitted, all of which appear to be a inconsistent like the blind spot monitor if the car moves into the are then slows down to the same speed  as our car (which the French appear to like doing) the system does not show the is there so instead of using the monitor you might as well stick the extra mirrors on the wing mirrors which makes you wonder why I paid for all these extra in the first place, and the distance warning, if you try to park close to the wall to allow as much space as possible for other drivers ( you will notice a lot of French cars scratched right down the side, the warning comes on sometimes three blocks from the wall and sometimes only one block as you approach the wall

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 07:12:34 pm »
And the auto dimming headlights which are almost useless on motorways since they don't 'see' an oncoming car until way too late.