Author Topic: Invalid SD card  (Read 5684 times)

Offline lynnesafc

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Invalid SD card
« on: March 07, 2019, 04:31:54 pm »
Hi Guys, im after some advice please, ive had my mazda 6 sport nav for 3 months, today its decided that the sd card is invalid, not sure why or how to rectify this, it was working fine yesterday. Do you need an active subscription to use the navigation system? I have plugged sd card into my laptop and downloaded MZD Connect, it says my card is active but the subscription ran out in July 2018. Can anybody assist me please???
Lynne

Offline DerekW

• S Class
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2018
Re: Invalid SD card
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:30:58 pm »
I would take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it out. 3 months since purchase so surely you will have some sort of cover as these cards aren’t cheap, so you don’t want to have been seen to be tampering with it in any way. The 2014 6 Sport I had cost £700 to have Nav fitted and all they did was put in an SD card with the Nav software.

When you get the problem sorted make sure you download the Mazda Toolbox app then do a back up of the SD card right away. Then you should be able to fix problems like this yourself as long as the card is readable like yours is.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:35:22 pm by DerekW »

Offline DerekW

• S Class
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 07:46:44 pm »
Regarding the active subscription. It is only for paid for live traffic and weather updates etc. It has no effect on your navigation system if you don’t purchase it. Look on it as an added extra at a cost.

Offline lynnesafc

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 09:56:54 am »
Thanks Derek. Ok so for some strange reason its just started working again on its own, it was INVALID for 3 days and is now working again. Maybe a a glitch somewhere in the system, but its booked into Mazda for a recall on Wednesday so they said they would check if there is a software update required.