Author Topic: Northampton Mazda  (Read 12565 times)

Offline Steve_c

• Sport Class
  • Has a Swiss Army Wife!
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Northampton Mazda
« on: June 02, 2012, 07:42:52 am »
I've just bought my 6 Sport from Northampton Mazda, and I have to say that they were very helpful.  I originally contacted them about a car I saw on the Autotrader site (which had already been sold), but got talking about what else they had in stock.  They offered to get me some photographs of a car that was due in, but then rang back an hour later to apologise for wasting my time (which they hadn't really) because the car had no history.  Having chatted some more, they mentioned the Sport (which was a bit above my budget) and we decided to go and have a look.

There was no pressure from the salesmen who were happy for us to take as long as we wanted (arguably because they were confident that it was a good car), and were very attentive when we discussed some minor paintwork blemishes and our concern that the brakes felt a little spongy.  Having agreed the sale, subject to a further test drive after the brakes were sorted, we left our deposit.  When I spoke to them a couple of days later, they advised me that they had changed the front discs and pads as well as bleeding the system, and were about to change all four tyres because they were below "their" limit (I hadn't bothered to discuss the tyres because they were over the legal limit and didn't think there would be any benefit in talking about them).  Because I didn't fancy budget tyres, we agreed that I would pay the difference between for something better - not necessarily a great deal, but more admin / delays for them in preparing the car.

When we arrived to pick the car up, all of the points that we had identified had been dealt with, a quick drive showed that the brakes were sorted, and we concluded the deal.

To some extent you could argue that this is all a minimum requirement from any dealership, but in my limited experience of other dealerships this was a definite improvement.  Obviously I'm still a little giddy from the "new car" rush, and I don't know how they might deal with any problems that manifest themselves in the coming weeks / months, but at the moment I'd happily deal with them again if I was looking for another car.

Offline Captain Slow

• TS2 Class
  • Zoom-Zoom
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
Re: Northampton Mazda
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 10:53:54 am »
I bought mine from the same place a couple of months ago and I agree they weren't bad at all. There were a few issues to start with (like anywhere) but once they were dealt with, it was all fine. So far I've had no problems at all.

Certainly better than some Mazda dealerships that's for sure!
Matty