Author Topic: Keyless entry  (Read 5926 times)

Offline Spys13089

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
Keyless entry
« on: June 18, 2017, 06:02:10 pm »
Hi all,just swapped from the Mazda 6 ts2 estate to the sport estate,love the difference but any body clued up on the keyless entry as I thought it looks automatically as well as unlocks,I sent the daughter down the street to see if it was locked and it wasn't so I've been locking it with the key an it does unlock when I get back to it,plus any body know the best place for a spare key without it costing the earth as this only came with one key,cheers

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
Re: Keyless entry
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 12:21:00 pm »
Which door are you checking to see if it's locked? I previously owned a 2010 Sport with keyless entry and had a similar issue. Unlike the current model where you have to press a button on the door to lock and unlock even with keyless entry, the previous model would unlock as soon as you put you hand around either of the front door handles if you had the key in your pocket. The easiest way around this is to wait for the car to lock then try either of the rear doors to check. There is a setting in the menu of the current model to switch off "Walk Away Locking" as Mazda calls it, but I can't recall seeing something similar on your model.

Offline Spys13089

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 09:27:48 pm »
Hi thanks for the reply but the car opens fine it's just when I walk away I have to lock it by pressing the remote but I believed it locked on its own automatically when u walked away

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 12:16:41 pm »
From memory, your model does not automatically lock when you walk away. The exception to this is if you unlock with the remote but do not open any doors, then the system will re-lock by itself after a short period.
As I said in my earlier post, if you check to see if the car is locked by trying the handle on either front door without pressing the button on the handle, the very action of putting your hand near the door handle will unlock the car if the key is nearby. The way to avoid this is by checking the rear doors only.
When you lock the car, the indicators should flash twice to confirm.