Author Topic: Takuya .v. Sport  (Read 25350 times)

Offline GT

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2012
Takuya .v. Sport
« on: March 24, 2012, 05:38:50 am »
In the Mazda 6 brochure it clearly shows al the differences between the base, TS, TS2 & Sport models but does not cover the Takuya.

Knowing that externally the Takuya and Sport look identical (Spoiler, Privacy Glass, 18" alloys), I asked my local Bath dealer for the list of differences to help me decide between the two. These are the extras the Sport has over the Takuya:
. Bi-Xenon headlights with active front lighting
. Electric folding mirros
. Rear Vehicle Monitoring System
. Front & Rear parking sensors
. Hill Hold Assist
. Bose audio system including 8 speakers (Takuya has 6 speaker system as per TS2)
. Smart keyless entry
. Start / Stop button
. Tyre pressure monitoring system
. and of course a 180PS 2.2D, delivering more "zoom, zoom" but same MPG & Co2 as 163PS 2.2D

The only extra the Takuya has over the Sport is that premium car mats come as standard.

Hope someone finds this useful...

Offline bazzamf

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2010
Re: Takuya .v. Sport
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 07:13:21 am »
I'm glad I have the Sport model then. I find all of the extras listed add to the enjoyment of the car.

Offline mrchiggles

• TS Class
  • Colour: Graphite Mica (38R) Metallic
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:01:10 am »
Just make sure you factor in the difference in the insurance when looking at the total cost of ownership - I wanted the sport but couldn't justify the extra £400 a year insurance because of the bigger engine so ended up with the Takuya.

Offline Little John

• Sport Class
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:59:21 pm »
extra £400 a year insurance
You must either be a naughty boy, or live in a bad area.  The total cost for my insurance on the 2.2d Sport is only £300!

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 04:11:28 pm »
I was just about to say something similar! you must be 17 or something! total cost to insure my 2.5 sport is a tad over £400 and that includes breakdown cover! and no I am no 80! not even half that!  ;D

Offline GT

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:51:03 pm »
Just make sure you factor in the difference in the insurance when looking at the total cost of ownership - I wanted the sport but couldn't justify the extra £400 a year insurance because of the bigger engine so ended up with the Takuya.

Hmmm, very odd, my insurance company Direct Line quoted me just £80 more per year for the Sport compared to the Takuya.

Offline mrchiggles

• TS Class
  • Colour: Graphite Mica (38R) Metallic
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 03:31:47 pm »
I am 29 and on as an additional driver with my wife as the main driver (she has the no claims discount) - live in the posh part of Newcastle (if there is such a thing!!) and have 0 points between us.

Interestingly there was virtually no premium on the sport if it was just insured in her name but the combination of my age and gender with the extra BHP seemed to trigger something in the systems of the insurance companies.

Offline Fred Fox 1960

• S Class
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 08:49:35 am »
I've insured a Golf GT TDi for the last 7 years and lived with it while it depreciated from about £20K new to it's present £3,500 or so.  While I've got 7 years older and courtesy of being a boring old fart, have had no convictions and no accidents (touch wood), the premium has crept inexorably upwards each year.

So, now I switch to the delightful Mazda 6 Sport.  Add £20K in retail value,  add 40BHP under the bonnet, premium drops by 30%. w.t..? I think insurers mostly spend their time drinking strong liqour, rolling dice and consulting Tarot cards to calculate premiums.

Offline Little John

• Sport Class
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 12:51:44 pm »
Hmmm, very odd, my insurance company Direct Line quoted me just £80 more per year for the Sport compared to the Takuya.
Yeah, but Direct Line are a bit weird.  I entered my details to get a quote and it decided that my reg number was for a 185 Sport.  I corrected the car to the 180 Sport and the quote went up by £40.  How can they charge £40 more when I've got 5PS less than the earlier cars?

Offline Pgregs1

• Sport Class
    • Mazda6 forums uk
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 01:42:36 pm »
extra £400 a year insurance
You must either be a naughty boy, or live in a bad area.  The total cost for my insurance on the 2.2d Sport is only £300!
Ditto here 2.2 185 sport estate 09 £300 with aviva although it was £350 b4 I put the wife on ! They do come in useful for some things  ;D hope she doesn't read this !!!!

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 03:48:09 pm »
Pays to shop around for Insurance these days, I was with same company for 10 years , no claims etc.
Asking premium for the Takuya was £440.00 Went of the Moneysupermaket and Compare the Market
sites ended up paying £220.00 less. So I shall do a review each year now, seems that is the way you have to go. Seems All Loyalty gets you is a price hike.!