Author Topic: Electronic handbrake jammed.  (Read 4544 times)

Offline SWE10

• S Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Electronic handbrake jammed.
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:20:01 pm »
My 2015 Mazda 6 electronic handbrake would not release, I didn't realise what was happening at first and and was half way out of a junction, so had to just keep going with wheels locked (ruining one tyre) to get to a safer spot. Lots of warning lights showing and a 'forward malfunction' message on screen. Turned car off and on and it fixed itself. Dealer checked it and say nothing is wrong and won't replace tyre. Anyone heard of this happening? How do i get dealer to see sense? Also a bit worried it'll happen again.

SWE.

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: Electronic handbrake jammed.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 10:49:08 am »
Thought they had sorted this,  seems not. I had a VW Passat that the electric handbrake Stuck twice.
You could not move the Car or get the brakes off. Called the A A man who said this was the most hated
call all roadside assistance men get. He told me all cars are liable to have this problem. I Sold the Car
some years ago, so not had the problem,my current car had a normal handbrake.
 Point of possible interest the Toyota Avensis had a good idea, a winding handle in the boot that wound the brakes of manually if the electric brake stuck. Only problem, was you had no rear brakes till you wound them back on again.
But at least you could get the car moved to  a safer place if the brakes stuck.

Offline SWE10

• S Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Electronic handbrake jammed.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 03:28:52 pm »
Mazda adamant that they ran a diagnostic test and found nothing, out of curiosity I had a friend of mine run one and he instantly came up with 3 fault codes.
C112A - Actuator disengage.
C2006 -  Left actuator.
U3000 - Control module.

Back to the dealer I go.