Author Topic: Which lights do what?  (Read 5014 times)

Offline PacificQuest

• S Class
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Which lights do what?
« on: March 10, 2018, 11:31:42 am »
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I did do a general search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Just bought a 2007 TS, and two of the front bulbs don't do anything, no matter what I do (except buy some new bulbs!)

I was hoping someone could give me a general description of what the bulb does .. daytime running maybe? It doesn't look like I have the option in the interior to be front fogs .. but I could be wrong as I'm a newbie tot her Mazda 6 range

The left is the standard headlight, then the indicator, not sure about the next (the one in question), and the final one to the right is the high beam

Any input would be very gratefully appreciated :)

Offline PacificQuest

• S Class
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Re: Which lights do what?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 07:29:47 am »
Figured out that it should be fog lights, If I have that option in the car, which I don't - I only have a rear fog light!

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Which lights do what?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 09:32:22 am »
Have you checked to see if there is actually a bulb located in this position ?  According to your profile you have the TS model  I seem to think that the front fog light option only came with the S variant back in 2007. This included Automatic Headlamps and front fog lights,but the external headlamp cluster was the same for all variants.   

This would account for why you do not have the stalk switch that incorporates the front fog light.     
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.