Author Topic: Smart City Brake Support  (Read 8034 times)

Offline Barnet Bob

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2012
Smart City Brake Support
« on: February 20, 2018, 10:46:25 am »
I have a late 2012 petrol Sport Nave, have just about figured out all the options on the car apart from the " Smart City Brake " . the option for this function is listed in the settings list and I have ticked it to enable the function but seems to have no effect. Also do these cars have the auto main beam, it looks like mine might have a camera in the screen but I have to manually set high beam.

Regards Bob

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Re: Smart City Brake Support
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 12:26:29 pm »
Hi Bob, I have the same model as you but from 2013. The Smart City Brake only works at speeds up to 18 mph so the likelihood of you using it are low.
When I bought the car, the dealer demonstrated it with the aid of a few cardboard boxes (like all decent American cop shows). It worked fine but even though I have it switched on, I am yet to use it myself.
With regards to the lights, my car has LED daytime running lights but if I leave the light switch in "Auto" the headlights switch on when needed on  low beam. If you want full beam then you have to switch this on by yourself. As far as I am aware there is no option for Auto High Beam.
Enjoy the car and if you need any other help, please ask as I check the forum most days
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:28:23 pm by saddler5 »

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Smart City Brake Support
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 08:06:54 pm »
Auto dip and main didn’t come in until the facelift model ?
Cheers Steve  8)