Author Topic: My first mazda  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Keithrg

• S Class
  • Colour: Galaxy Grey (32S) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2005
My first mazda
« on: April 12, 2017, 10:41:16 pm »
Bought a Mazda 6 2.0 petrol ts2 estate on 55 plate 6 speed.
 Years ago I wanted the diesel version but ended up buying a cheap astra estate lol.
Any how I wanted a sub ten second 0-60 car with ac abs electric windows alarm immobilizer and cruise control the mrs wanted an estate car.  Need to get 32mpg combined too  We had a £1000 budget. 
After much hunting ideally the ford focus won.  But at 147 miles away, Not ideal to go view.  Second up, was the Bmw 318i E46 2.0 there was some about but couldn't find one happy with. This was followed by the ford mondeo.  Worried about clutches here and couldn't find one happy with.  Then up pops this advert for the mazda.  Insurance was ok.  Specs perfect, bonus of esp, roof bars, good history and climate. Down side  More rust than my 17 year old rover though.  Drivers door switch for 2 windows is faulty and dog net hooks missing and shelf retract broken.   Going to try and fix these. Steering rack has fluid leak.  Going to pick up and fit a second hand one at. Some stage.

It has dark tinted windows.  Was this standard anyone know?

It has brake issues. I have rectified the break binding on 3 off the 4 wheels by removing excess fluid from system.  Hoping to fix the fourth this friday by adjusting the caliper screw.  Think I've sussed most off the controls although I need to put more cds in the multi disc head unit and set up controls.  So a few niggles to sort.  But not doing anything till
I have sorted the brake out.

I am actually regretting purchasing this car.  I think I should have waited for a focus or 318I.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: My first mazda
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:52:17 pm »
Honestly there's not a lot you can say about this, especially in view of your last sentence,  I hope you can manage to get everything sorted out to your satisfaction, then you might reconsider and keep the car. If not you will have prepared it better for onward sale.
Good luck :)
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline JerryB

• S Class
  • Colour: Titanium Grey II (29Y) Metallic
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2002
Re: My first mazda
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 03:28:59 pm »
You can get a new Chinese made window switch pack from E-bay for £13.99 and free postage.  The rust was a problem with older 6s. Mine has bubbling in the doors, tailgate and wheelarches. Last year I had to have the offside rear jacking point welded to pass the MOT.  However, this year it sailed through with only an advisory on brake pad wear. I thought I'd regret buying my 6 (I was after a Rover 75 originally).  However, I have had mine for over 7 years and it's done me pretty well.  So don't give up on it just yet.