Author Topic: Mazda 6 2009 2.0D almost no throttle response  (Read 4270 times)

Offline bseth

• S Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Mazda 6 2009 2.0D almost no throttle response
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:32:06 pm »
Hello, sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand my problem.
I have a Mazda 6 2009 2.0 diesel with manual transmission. The summer of 2016 it sometimes had almost no throttle response, could not rev it up. When parked in an underground garage I was not able drive it up hill, it only died. I switched it off and on again, and everything was ok.
In October the problems where worse (but still an intermittent fault) and I took it to the Mazda repairs and they cleaned the diesel filter and the EGR vale. It ran ok for 4 months and then the troubles where back. I again took it to the Mazda repairs, but they could not find anything wrong. I then took it to another repair shop and they said it could be a faulty EGR, but there were no error codes. Mazda charges £500 for the EGR + work, so it is expensive to change if the problem is elsewhere. I have found cheaper EGR on eBay, but for the 2.2D. Is the EGR-valve for 2.0D and 2.2D the same?
Does anyone have any suggestions what might be wrong? I have changed the diesel filter.
Bjørn

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Mazda 6 2009 2.0D almost no throttle response
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:02:10 am »
Hello Bjørn,

I have exactly the same car but with no problems. When I bought it, it was not smooth at motorway speeds, but as the mileage built up, it cleaned and it runs with no problems.

For your case, as you cleaned the EGR before and you had some success, why not try to do it again?

For best results, you must remove it but there are also sprays that you use in the air intake or fuel additives.

The manual does not recommend to use any fuel additives but if you cannot remove it and clean it again, that may be a good option for you.

You have already ran the diagnostics and you have no error codes, so the EGR clean up may work again.