Author Topic: Radio controls issue Mazda 6 2016  (Read 8807 times)

Offline Gerry1316

• S Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2015
Radio controls issue Mazda 6 2016
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:56:30 am »
I have a 2016 M6 SEL Nav and there is an irritating problem with the radio controls on the steering wheel - the channel change buttons will not always switch to the next stored favourite. It will usually only toggle between the first two stations and ignores all the rest. Obviously I can switch to the Radio or Favourites and use the command switch to select a station but it is a pain to have to do this and a distraction when driving.

It works correctly sometimes, but not very often. If I view the favourites I can see it 'reset' a few seconds after selecting a station - i.e. the selected station is highlighted but then loses the highlight. When I hit the next station button it jumps to the first station because it thinks no station is selected. I think what happens is that RDS switches to an alternative frequency for the station and that confuses the system. Anyone else have this, is there a solution?

I did go to the dealer, but typically they either don't care or understand.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
Re: Radio controls issue Mazda 6 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 12:27:25 pm »
Hi does this happen when the radio is on digital or FM or all frequentcies . Mine is a 2017 model i will give it a try. To be honest though i have mine on digital and nearly always listen to the same station. I KNOW BORING yep that's just me. :) :) :)
Cheers Steve  8)

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 02:02:05 pm »
My 15 plate Sports Nav did this, but it depended which version of software it was running.  When I bought the car I could scroll through the stations using the steering wheel controls (as it should), but there was another problem with the system.  When I selected a station the screen stayed on the list of stations, rather than going to the "now playing" screen.  Therefore, for example, to start a phone call I had to choose the "now playing" screen to be able to use voice control.  Anyway, long story short, the dealer updated the software to cure the problem (which it did), but it now wouldn't scroll through the stations.  I had a further software update to cure that problem but it persisted.  The dealers will fob you off with "yes Mazda are aware of the issue Sir and there's a new update coming out soon that'll fix it".  Don't hold your breath.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 04:05:12 pm »
Hi I'm back if you use the top button it toggles between 1 and 2 on the list if you use the bottom button it starts at the lowest and each press takes it up one until it gets to number 3 and then it misses 2 and goes to 1 then the top button will put it 2 and back to one well that's what it does on mine but as I say I don't move mine around much hope this helps.
Cheers steve  8)

Offline Gerry1316

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 06:32:28 pm »
It happens on FM stations - I don't have any DAB stations saved in favourites becase I live in an area with poor coverage .
It looks like this is a design flaw. I will ask the dealer to install the latest software update but I'm not expecting it to work.

The car has a few other poor design examples e.g. warning buzzer sounds when outside temp falls below 4 deg but nothing shows on the display to tell you what the warning is for. Guess I will just have to put up with the niggles - and suppress my perfectionist expectations :(

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:13:40 am »

The car has a few other poor design examples e.g. warning buzzer sounds when outside temp falls below 4 deg but nothing shows on the display to tell you what the warning is for. Guess I will just have to put up with the niggles - and suppress my perfectionist expectations :(

Mine did this too, it seems like that's the way it is on the facelift.  I started a thread about it a while ago...
http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=2462.msg10044#msg10044

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 08:52:08 pm »
You should get a warning of ice risk on the dash when the 4 degree beep goes and also in settings for the radio you can turn the beeps off if you want :o
Cheers Steve    8)

Offline Gerry1316

• S Class
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 09:05:08 pm »
You should get a warning of ice risk on the dash when the 4 degree beep goes and also in settings for the radio you can turn the beeps off if you want :o
Cheers Steve    8)

I agree, you should get a message telling you what the beep is for - but I get nothing. Ok, there is a small symbol beside the temperature but it does not even flash. No other indication unless you go looking in the warning menu.

Offline Gerry1316

• S Class
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 09:20:02 pm »
Anyone know what the current software version is - I think it is  56 00 513?

I've seen some old posts about v60 being due / overdue, what is the latest?

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 12:24:51 pm »
Hi Well my pre facelift 14 plate had the beep and 4 degree plus warning icy conditions and so does my 2017 model so i don't think it's the latest software you need as they have had this warning system from the begining. I think something else might be amiss.
cheers steve  8)

Offline Gerry1316

• S Class
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 04:14:05 pm »
Hi Steve, so your 2017 does show a warning message? Or am I misreading? What software version does it have?

I think it must me a software issue or some configuration I can't see as hardware seems fine otherwise.

Thanks, Gerry.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 04:26:01 pm »
Yep mine gives a beep and a verbal warning on the dash I couldn't tell you what version I have as this car is new but with my old one I just used to ask the service manager if there were any outstanding updates for the car if there was I would just pop in and have them installed even for the sat nav.
Cheers Steve  8)