Author Topic: Timing of updates and car reg (2016 updates)  (Read 5623 times)

Offline jcd

• S Class
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica (42A)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Timing of updates and car reg (2016 updates)
« on: February 18, 2017, 04:50:23 pm »
Hello,

First post on the forum - great source of info.

I am seeking to "upgrade" to a facelift Mazda 6 Sport (Diesel/Manual/150), so from Q2-2015 to 2016. Two quick questions:

- Apparently the "2016 update" were minor with the addition of G-vectoring and "larger resolution for the some higher resolution graphics for the instrument display and head-up display" (not sure if they meant more details in the graphics or higher resolution for the displays). Could anyone with experience of both share their impressions? Are these improvements worth the extra cost of buying a newer model? Is there a way to visually tell apart a pre- and post 2016 update model?

- As I am living in Ireland, I am not familiar with Mazda's policy re. synchronising new model (updates) with changes in car reg. For example, I have seen 15 reg on both pre- facelift models and facelift models. Is there a post listing all news model updates, and the month when they started being rolled out in the UK (for example, re. 2016 updates)? Incidentally, is it worth waiting until March to buy (maybe more cars to choose from or drop in price?)

Thanks for any advice,
JC

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
Re: Timing of updates and car reg (2016 updates)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:10:46 pm »
Hi the 2017 model is the one to go for you can get it from September 2016. I have just changed from a 2014 pre facelift to a Jan 2017 So many improvements. The easy way to tell the mark 3 Gen 3 is it has a heated steering wheel and the HUD is in colour if it hasn't got that then it's not the latest model simples.
cheers steve  8)

Offline Iendicott

• TS Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 08:29:33 pm »
I'd be interested to know if after March this year will the older cars drop in price as I hand my Mazda 3 back to the company and buy a year old Mazda 6.2.2 Sport Nav.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:44:40 pm »
Yes i think they will but not as much as you might think because new cars purchased after the first or April will be taxed different value wise the model i call the GEN 3 mark 2 6 should be on a good deal as it's an upgrade fom the mark 1 pre face lift but hasn't got all the improvements of the mark 3 GEN 3 2017 model and there are quiet a lot and they are good IMHO.
cheers steve  8)