Author Topic: Mazda 6 Sat Nav (2016-2017)  (Read 7209 times)

Offline bakerbob

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Mazda 6 Sat Nav (2016-2017)
« on: January 27, 2017, 03:53:42 pm »
I took delivery of my new Mazda 6 in November 2016 which had the new 2017 update and have been very disappointed with the Sat Nav.
From day one it would not recognise my iPhone Hot spot and kept downloading without success the software for the Navigation system with a 75% success rate, and the screen flickered as you drove along.
It was returned to the service department and was told a new computer board was required, this was before Christmas, the new board was fitted mid January.
At first I thought the problems were solved but no; still cant see easily the iPhone hot spot unless you await until the car software is fully loaded then start the hot spot, if you leave the car this must be repeated.
The screen flicker is corrected, the clock has displayed 00.00 rather than GPS time for some of the time(checked that the time was available on the GPS screen) and Navigation still keeps trying to load continuously at start up, and as a variation will suddenly reload for no particular reason.
A new problem has arisen as I pulled up at some traffic lights it warned about speed camera ahead not once but continuously until I moved on.
This is my third Mazda 6 but after this it is likely to be my last, my previous Mazda 6 had TomTom which was great and used radio data rather than the internet which was zero cost, not so the internet data use.
Talking to customer service I am told the iPhone 5S with 10 software is not an approved phone, I find it unbelievable as the iPhone must be in the top two of popular phones. Reading on the USA/Canada forums and Apple site this is a known problem and after paying £30K for the car I would expect better.

Offline bakerbob

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
Re: Mazda 6 Sat Nav (2016-2017)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 01:54:28 pm »
Purchased a buzzard(receiver for data from EE) as gave up with iPhone, cost be £10/month but still think software is crap.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
Re: Mazda 6 Sat Nav (2016-2017)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 06:01:37 pm »
Hi i have the i phone 6 se and my car now is the 2017 Mazda 6 175 sportnav auto saloon everything works fine contact download superfast compared to my 2014 Mazda 6 with tom tom sat nav system works fine but there is a lot of warnings for the same speed cameras and other than turning the warning off there are NO settings.  But yes the WI FI HOTSPOT the car will not connect to the i phones Mazda do know about this and there is supposed to be a fix available from March but i haven't seen it yet. I contacted M C S. to say that my 60 day live services trial was a waste of time until the fix is sorted to which they agreed and have said they will restart it when the fix is done so i shall wait and see . Yes you are correct that a car as new as this and the phone being new as well the fact they don't match completley is unbelievable.  All android phones DON'T have this problem infact the I PHONE is the only one that does i believe. Other than that the system works fine but i'm amazed the car was registerd January 31st and straight away there is an update for the nav system but as i say apart from the phone issue IMHO the car is a 100% improvement on the old one but that's just me.
Cheers Steve  8)