Author Topic: OBD port without power  (Read 5624 times)

Offline Polycom

• S Class
  • Colour: Whitewater Pearl (25D)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
OBD port without power
« on: November 06, 2016, 08:39:35 am »
Hello all
New to the group/forum and also new to owning Mazda 6 2.2 185 GH MZR-D Sport with 75k

So far it's been a joy and can't really complain about it except the unexpected high cost for the service at 75k, managed to get around it as the the main dealer Wrights in Norwich wanted £836 for the service, I said NOPE, NOPE,NOPE and thanks for the parts list, went independed for £275 including sump inspection but without injector pipe changing...Engine is sweet and clean throuhout. Thank f*#% for that....

Anyway, if bought and OBD 2 Bluetooth dongle to reset the oil configuration and because I like gadgets but when it plugged it in, there appears to be no power available to the dongle thought the port. I have checked on the wife's Renault so the dongle is working 100%. Could it be protocal or incomparable dongle. Seems strange as the ports and pins are all standardised for configuration the manufactures agreement or rules

I haven't checked fuses till I have time and can figure out which it should be, but nothing in the cabin appears to be at fault or not working...any suggestions because I'm stuck at the moment and dont want to ask the main dealer for help or can find anything in the forums...

Offline Polycom

• S Class
  • Colour: Whitewater Pearl (25D)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
Re: OBD port without power
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:03:00 am »
Or even better than that if somebody could actually tell me the fuse location and number. That would help me start at the most obvious place. Any help is welcomed

Offline Cee-Jay-Cee

• TS Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2010
Re: OBD port without power
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 08:40:09 pm »
I'm presuming you switched the ignition on (but didn't actually start the car)?

My 2010 petrol car will light up the OBD reader with ignition off but wont read anything till I switch the ignition on.