Author Topic: WiFi "Network Error" Problem  (Read 6345 times)

Offline PeterA

• S Class
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2015
WiFi "Network Error" Problem
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:10:51 am »
Hello

I've registered and posting this to help others. My Mazda 6 2015 (facelift) SE-L Nav would not connect to a WiFi network. I tried every suggestion from everywhere I could find (changing passwords to certain lengths, different networks, different channels), none of which worked. It seems that the CMU is faulty and this appears to be a known issue to Mazda Europe - the dealer spoke to the Mazda Connect people in Germany. The only option is to get the CMU replaced. As longs you have updated your SD card to the latest version (don't ask me why this should be a requirement) and say you are prepared to buy Connected Services and show that you've tried multiple WiFi networks (that already work with other devices), there doesn't seem to be any resistance from Mazda to replace the CMU, which suggests they are well aware of the problem.

I hope this saves some frustration for other people.

Peter

Offline jcd

• S Class
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica (42A)
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
Re: WiFi "Network Error" Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 11:18:46 am »
Hello Peter,

Same problem on my Jan-2016 Sport Nav. Did you come across any info re.  specific subset of models / manufacturing period that are affected by this?

Many thanks

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
Re: WiFi "Network Error" Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 12:56:48 pm »
Problem still on the 2017 model Car will not connect to I PHONE wi fi hot spot for live services ect Mazda aware of the problem supposed fix by end of May but they did say  end of March before that, still waiting spoke to M C S as there is NO WAY i can use my 60 trial of the live services to which they have agreed and when fix is applied will reinstate the 60 trial. So we shall wait and see the S/M at my dealer has the CX5 which has the same problem so he is on to them about it most of the time.
Cheers Steve  8)