Author Topic: Mazda 6 Retrofit DAB radio  (Read 11027 times)

Offline Brentmere

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2014
Mazda 6 Retrofit DAB radio
« on: November 08, 2015, 03:27:56 pm »
Has any members had a Retrofit Dab radio  fitted by the Mazda Dealerships.

I have a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport Nav tourer and was considering my options. Its a bit pricey fitted at £343 including Vat. Is it fully compatible with the existing infotainment? any comments would be welcome.

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: SE
Re: Mazda 6 Retrofit DAB radio
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 09:41:32 am »
When I bought my car in 2014 the full DAB  radio hadn't come out , so they fitted this thing with a tinfoil arial stuck to the  ns windscreen and gave you a black plastic thing with 4  segments and a centre knob working by bluetooth.
They claimed you could program it for 12 presets, but it was not compatible with the steering wheel mounted program changer. A lot of fiddling about to program and to change programs whilst driving.
In the end I asked them to take it out and refund all I had paid, which they did reluctantly.

Now that Mazda has brought out an integrated DAB radio , I believe all they do is change the head unit, though I am not sure about the extra arial required.
Yours being an estate car  and fitted with a sharks tooth arial, they might just be able to adapt that painlessly.

When you think about it , radios now are just a small printed circuit board assembled by cheap labour and machine soldered, made by the thousand but dealers stick it to you.

I hardly use my radio at all in the car, just have the memory stick playing on Songs ( which play alphabetically by song title so on shuffle by default, no fiddling with controls etc) and when away from home the TA is turned on.

Are you aware of the warranty upgrade to the bluetooth module  (you have to ask for it) such that the mp3 player does not start at the first song each time you start  the car, rather than  carry on were you left off.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire

Offline Stuhughes

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:46:46 pm »
Hi, I have had my Bluetooth module changed but my USB starts from the beginning still everytime. Is this normal?

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: SE
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 03:38:19 pm »
Stuhughes,

No it is not normal, they obviously did not do anything. Call them up and say their exchange did not work and to order a new  reflashed unit from their subby in Holland.
Ask them to give you a copy of the MSP/Recall paperwork. If you quote RO 56/14 , it might just let them know what you are talking about.  The part No. Is GHP9-66-DHOZ.
When they have done the change, check it a few  times before leaving the dealers. Turn  off ignition, wait a few minutes turn on. Repeat.
Mine failed twice and they changed it, been ok since then. But you do have to keep on top of them.
DONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER.

Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire