• Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE
  • Year: 2014
TPMS
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:18:30 pm »
Mazda 2.2 2014.

Have any owners had trouble with the Tire Pressure warning coming up, with only a 2psi drop in pressure?
My dealer had a look and has dropped the pressure from his recommended 38 psi to 36 psi ( I don't think the pressur drop will make a difference), book 33psi tends to feather the tyre edges.
The alarm even came up before I started driving the car. The TPMS works on the ABS sensor measuring the change in  rotational speed, yet if the car is not moving then it cannot. Pressure down-smaller tyre - faster speed of tyre - alarm condition. The dealer also suspended the tyre pressure check reminder ( who needs one any way [ 1  month to 30 months??] ) in case that was causing the problem.
Sometimes they can make cars  with too many clever gizmos that cause more trouble than they are worth.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire

Offline Rusty Bike

• S Class
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2013
Re: TPMS
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:08:53 am »
This system is driving me crazy. Happening constantly since I changed all 4 tyres last year. Today it alarmed for 3x 34.5psi and 1x 35psi. I understood the system was law in America to indicate a puncture. Whats happening now is that I swear at it and continue to drive, so if I did have a puncture, I would ignore the alarm. What's the point in having a system that constantly cries wolf!

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 12:15:23 pm »
I was told by a dealer that the system is designed to work with the make of tyres originally supplied with the car. If they are changed to a different make then the TPMS needs to be reset, but this can cause false alarms with the 6 and the CX5 been particularly prone to this.

Offline ajaycad

• S Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 09:09:09 am »
Just to resurrect this post with my own experiences. My 2013 6 Sport Nav had the same issue. 3 tyres were the O.E Bridgestones, the 4th was a cheap budget put on by the dealer when I bought the car.
TPMS was driving me nuts and would come up every journey. I replaced all 3 Bridgestones with nearly new Dunlop Sportmax. Still TPMS going mad. So replaced the budget with an equivalent Sportmax so all 4 were the same make and similar tread wear......guess what...No TPMS warnings. I've had 2 warnings since, one was I was driving along the dual carriageway and went through quite a layer of hail stones on the road surface, I'm guessing the tyre temperature dropped sufficiently quickly to make the system think it was losing pressure. The other warning, I've no idea what triggered that one. So one spurious warning for no reason in 4 months versus at least once every time I drive the car...