Author Topic: GEN 3 MAZDA 6 pre facelift v facelift  (Read 15824 times)

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: GEN 3 MAZDA 6 pre facelift v facelift
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 07:47:42 pm »
Many people comment on no Hatchback in the Mazda 6 range Petrol or Diesel. It is said Hatchbacks not
popular in Japan or U.S.A. so they don't make them even for the U.K ,where they are popular.

So why for the U.K market do they make and sell the Mazda 3 Petrol and Diesel Versions as Hatchbacks,??

Motorpoint have around 8 at present,and they seem to keep turning the stock over with different cars
appearing on a regular basis. :-[

Offline ColinB

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 10:30:32 am »
The Mazda 3s are classified as compact cars and as 'runabouts' but the 6 is full size with extra status which means sedans and wagons only. It's a perception and marketing thing.

I particularly liked my 2nd Gen hatchback as it looked good and the hole in the back was much bigger than the almost vertical one on the tourer which actually made it more versatile for practical load carrying.

The 6 Tourer is obviously an attempt to capture some of the previous hatchback market by making it look more classy than a conventional estate, same idea as the BMW 3 Tourer.

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: SE
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 07:51:54 am »
Yes, you may be right Steve, all the power of a diesel and the flexibility of petrol - what's not to like? Not altogether sure about the auto though. My car is the 2.0 manual Tourer. I have just spent two weeks driving 1800 miles around Nova Scotia in a Buick Versano auto which apparently has a 2.4l engine under the bonnet (hood?). It certainly went well enough but I found it a bit lazy to drive compared with a stick car and the car was not so responsive as my manual. You put your foot down to overtake and wondered what the car would do. If Mazda did do a high power auto then I think it ought to incorporate a paddle override.

American cars (which is what they have in Canada) do seem to be rather bland exterior designs and the interiors seem to be a generation or so behind what we expect over here. However most of the population seem to drive enormous pickups which fill your rear mirror! I did spot a lot of Mazda 3s though.

Yes I aggree Colin, I lived in the US for ten years in the 80's bought a manual Nissan 200 SX myself but did drive the wifes's Buick V6 3.8lt  and it was a case of stamp on the accellerator and hope for the best and 5 minutes later  it has wound up the spring and decided to move. Her later Nissan Stanza auto was a little better, but  then  modern Japanese technology.
No control of the cars speed  with an auto particularly when slowing down, just felt as if you was coasting.
I liked to go through the gears on my wifes Stanza and  use the handbrake at lights not sit with your fot on the brake.
The handling of US cars was non existant , you would bounce  and squel around corners.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire