Author Topic: Power issue  (Read 4959 times)

Offline gwrighty75

• S Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2006
Power issue
« on: December 04, 2017, 09:18:40 am »
Hi. I have just purchased a used mazda6 td 143bhp. On initial start up the car runs fine although a bit powerless when below turbo range. However after driving for a while the car will not rev over 2500rpm.  There is no dpf light on the dashboard at all which is leading me to think it Has been bypassed.  When plugged into diagnostic it comes up with EGR fault.  Can anyone help me with suggestions please as I sold my last car (a vauxhall) due to unreliability and am hoping the 6 will be better.  Thanks all

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Power issue
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:46:54 am »
You could start by removing and clearning the EGR and check how it progresses.

If it is an old car through an auction or auction dealer, you may have bought something with an existing fault.

The older the diesel cars get, the more likely is to buy one who has been butchered to remove DPF, EGR, original ECU setting, etc. That will cause all sorts of problems. Usually it turns out more relaxing and peace of mind to get the car you like and repair it instead of moving on to the next one because all will have some kind of problem.

Offline Cee-Jay-Cee

• TS Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2010
Re: Power issue
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:48:20 pm »
I doubt very much a 2006 car has a DPF so that's not your problem. As the diagnostics indicates the EGR then first thing would be to take it off and clean it properly and see how it goes.