Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9942 times)

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2018
Hello
« on: September 11, 2021, 11:05:17 am »
Hi All, my Name is Andy and I was here a few years ago and have returned to the brand after 3 unsatisfied years with a Jaguar XF, put a deposit down on a 2018 sport saloon petrol and picking it up on the 25th as work gets in the way before! I looking forward to seeing how the brand has moved on since my last 6 which was a 2008 2.5 sport, cheers, Andy

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Year: 2004
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 08:27:05 pm »
Hi Andy.  Welcome back.

What disheartened you with the Jag ?
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 10:24:44 am »
Thanks Will, it’s was a number of continual small issues, electrical gremlins, boot harness wires breaking, windscreen delaminates on the outer edge, leather on dashboard bubbling, passenger window stopped working, expansion tank breather tube spigot breaking, rear diff seal leak, but the most annoying was a slight vibration at motorway speeds that no one was able to resolve, I could never relax with it as was always expecting the next thing to go, on the plus side the auto gear box is wonderfully smooth, just feel the car has great potential to be fantastic  but just small niggly things let it down, it seems JLR cars seem to suffer from these reliability issues from what I gather,

Andy

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 12:15:58 pm »
Hi Andy, I think you will be pleased. I have a 2019 petrol sport and it is altogether a more refined car than the previous models.

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 06:48:07 pm »
Hi Andy, I think you will be pleased. I have a 2019 petrol sport and it is altogether a more refined car than the previous models.

Hi Saddler,

Thanks for that, I’m really looking to collecting it, it seems a huge step up from my previous 2008 6 sport, what are the aha and stitcher apps on the car? I’ve not had a chance to go though everything until I pick it up

Andy

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 12:13:15 pm »
Hi Andy, I've not used either of them as I have about 8000 songs on a memory stick and either listen to that on random shuffle or DAB.

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 09:38:53 pm »
Picked up the car today and wow am I impressed! What a huge difference with the 2008 model I had previously! Beautiful smooth drive and it made the Jaguar I had feel like a horse and cart! Massive step up in quality, averaged 48mpg on the drive home too, needed to top up the petrol as the dealer wasn’t. Able to due to all the panic buying of fuel! Managed to get some though thankfully (probably the same people as the toilet roll buyers last year! ) I’ll post some pics when I get a chance, cheers all,

Andy