Author Topic: Rough idle and bucking problem when accelerating.  (Read 6198 times)

Offline Brucey313

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2011
Rough idle and bucking problem when accelerating.
« on: July 12, 2014, 03:53:10 pm »
Hey guys thanks for showing interest.

Had my 2006 Mazda 2.0 petrol for 5 years and its started to run abit oddly.  When i start her up she starts her revs up at 1250-1500 for about 2-3 Min's and the drops to 500-750 and you can feel its just not right.

Worst of all though is when driving around town especially in lower gears the car will begin to "buck" as it were back an forth like it will stall but never does.  Seems to only happen when giving slight pressure on the throttle into low revs 1500-3000.  Problem ceases when giving full throttle and begin to acts like normal until the next corner or wherever i need to slow down around town. 

I've looked everywhere on-line for common faults and problems and have ended up changing my spark plugs, cleaning and inspecting the throttle body, topped up oil, added red-ex to a full tank to help clean fuel filter and had a look at the MAF sensor which looked fine cosmetically so didn't touch it.  But to no avail problem still persists but i did manage to get my mpg down.

The car is sitting just under 70k miles and never had any problems.  No error codes have appeared either or warning lights so I'm total lost.

Hopefully someone can help and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Offline SM25T

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2017
Re: Rough idle and bucking problem when accelerating.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:45:08 pm »
Maybe the lambda sensor in the exhaust. Try unplugging the connector in the cable if you can find a connector. If it runs ok without .... remove sensor and buy another on eBay ... matching the number etched on the sensor.

This method of testing it works on another model of car I own.