Author Topic: Door mirrors condense over while driving in damp foggy weather  (Read 6389 times)

Offline Geoff 26

• S Class
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2014
Door mirrors condense over while driving in damp foggy weather
« on: December 06, 2014, 08:07:24 am »
Hi has anybody had their door mirrors mist up when driving on motor ways? Last Sunday, when dry but patchy fog i stopped counting at 6 times, once when i was joining motor way which could have been very dangerous, one minute they are ok next all misted up then it clears. I know switching on rear screen with also switch on mirrors but this misting is so quick and always seems to occurs when you change speed. Mazda say that it has not been reported before and said they are not interested as this is a normal thisng that can happen, yet on all my other cars with heated mirrors this has never happened.

Offline Flying KD

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Door mirrors condense over while driving in damp foggy weather
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 03:19:50 pm »
Many month later......... Misting of exterior mirrors is entirely down to the weather conditions, i.e quick changing temperature or humidity as will be the case in UK winter damp conditions. nothing the manufacturer can do, just run with the HRW on and therefore mirrors if you are using the mirrors constantly, the drain if you are driving is negligible. As for other cars some manufacturer have their mirrors always heated, there is no "off" switch although this does tend to be on older cars.

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: Door mirrors condense over while driving in damp foggy weather
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 06:33:34 pm »
A few years ago, I had a car with heated mirrors always turned on summer and winter. Got too hot to touch.!
Never did the car or battery any harm, had the car 5 and a half years with the original battery still in good order when I sold the car. So don't think it's a problem..!