Author Topic: USB memory stick  (Read 11639 times)

Offline ns1

• S Class
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2014
USB memory stick
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:26:20 am »
Hello,
I have recently taken delivery of a new 6, SE-L Nav, and so far all excellent, only issue (very minor) is, having copied song from iTunes onto a USB memory stick, all the songs (which I know are there) don't appear when searching by artist or album. I've check the format/properties of songs and they all appears identical. Apologies if this isn't explained to well.
Thanks

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
Re: USB memory stick
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 12:08:20 pm »
If the songs are copyright protected (which I assume I-Tunes are) they will not play. The other option is to put them on to a CD in MP3 format and play that

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: SE
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 06:25:18 pm »
Like you NS1  I have just taken delivery of a new Mazda 6 SE, I looked at the possibility of using a MP3 player but the salesman said just buy a large Memory stick and download to that. So I have downloaded my CD's to the computer as MP3 files then copy/cut & pasted them to the memory stick and they play OK.
Some of the tunes have been downloaded via Audacity off the internet onto a CD which I also converted to MP3 format at 320 kbps bit rate and they play fine. You don't get the name of the tune  or singer coming up, but then you didn't on tape or CD players. Do you really need the distraction of the screen whilst you are driving.

I also had fitted a Dabmotion 1001 Wireless DAB radio interface as Mazda do not offer DAB unlike other  comparable  makes.
I was able to save 4 stations, but  not the 12 as they say can be done.
http://www.dabmotion.co.uk/dabmotion-support.

Still working my way through the handbook, that has a fault in it re the High Beam.
Hope that helps.

Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
Dab Conversion
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »
The Dabmotion conversion will not allow you once programmed to access more than one DAB station /preset with the Mazda screen/commander button. You have to fiddle whilst you are driving with a knob and buttons on a matchbox sized gizmo. Not a good idea. If before you start driving you want to change to the DAB station you will want to listen to then it can be left dormant on the Mazda Radio under a preset. Alternatively have your passenger do the fiddling.
The DAB conversion sound quality is fine , no different than on FM.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 10:11:51 pm »
I had the DAB conversion removed and money refunded, it did not live up to the expectations. Don't get conned with conversion. 
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire

Offline Aviator

• S Class
  • Colour: Dolphin Gray Mica (39T)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Venture
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 07:49:18 pm »
Hi Folks, had a similar issue with using a USB. My own compilation albums were not listing all the songs but splitting them up individually by original album title. I downloaded MP3 tag and simply edited the album column so that each song came from the album title I chose. Hey presto all singing and dancing!!

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »
Hello,
I have recently taken delivery of a new 6, SE-L Nav, and so far all excellent, only issue (very minor) is, having copied song from iTunes onto a USB memory stick, all the songs (which I know are there) don't appear when searching by artist or album. I've check the format/properties of songs and they all appears identical. Apologies if this isn't explained to well.
Thanks

Are you aware that there is a free upgrade of the BLUETOOTH module on 2013 M6's onwards.
After they have changed the module the same tune does not start again after  turning off the ignition , but carries on with the last tune.  You are going to ask the dealer to do it, it is not automatic at service. Once they have ordered  the module which could take two weeks  it take 15 minutes to change.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire