Author Topic: A3 test drive  (Read 15572 times)

Offline Farnsworth28

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
A3 test drive
« on: July 07, 2014, 11:58:28 am »
Some friends of mine have recently purchased an Audi A3 2.0 FSi T Quattro and I politely asked them whether I could have a test drive. They threw me the keys and said by all means!

I drove this car down the bypass and the acceleration was superb! The turbo charged 2.0 petrol engine was a real pleasure to drive and completely outsripped by 2.2d Sport which is no slouch.

I can't help but feel green with envy but I suppose I wouldn't be too happy with the regular trips to the pumps after inevitably flooring it everywhere. For a minute I know what MPS drivers feel like even though them things are even faster!!

Farnsy

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2018
Re: A3 test drive
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:06:20 pm »
Sounds like a nice drive! I sometimes miss the 3 MPS I had a few years back, such a great punch that car had, amazing acceleration and kick, would leave that Audi for dust! Lol, downsides were mpg and yearly tax, was tempted by one I saw at a dealers a while back but my head ruled me! Still the 6 sport I have now is great, I guess it's what you get used to, after owning the MPS for a while even that felt slow! Lol,

Andy

Offline Farnsworth28

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2010
Re: A3 test drive
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 02:54:30 pm »
I can well believe it.

I wonder why Mazda haven't released a new version of the 6 MPS. Imagine a 260bhp 2.3 turbocharged petrol Mazda 6, 4 wheel drive, Hatchback, Metallic Stormy Blue, 18" wheels, Bose, 40mpg combined.........

One can only dream!

Farnsy