Author Topic: Dashcam  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Craigmazda6

• S Class
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Dashcam
« on: March 04, 2022, 07:50:18 am »
Hi, anybody else have a dashcam hard wired into there mazda 6? Yesterday was the 2nd attempt by nextbase through RS connect to install my dashcam onto my car.  The first failed time was because nextbase didn't send the correct connection a low profile fuse and holder. Yesterday was also failed because the low profile fuse holder that nextbase sent doesn't fit snuggly into the fuse box. He said because of some prongs???? Anyway just wondering if anyone else has had problems and if so what solution. The car is a 2018 mazda 6 sport nav plus. Any help much appreciated.

Offline Atenzer

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Re: Dashcam
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 12:35:29 am »
Yes I've hard wired one to my car while back and still working.  Not Nextbase so didn't order any of those kits, but just ordered the L shaped flat blade fuse holder and branched it from No.13 fuse (Outlet 15A) on the passenger side fuse box.  There are two types of fuse holder, straight and L shaped.  Need to be the latter otherwise the flap for the fuse box compartment will not shut.

Of course, the earth has been taken from the side of the glove box, there's a nice nut that can come off.