Author Topic: Suspicious Window Opening  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Craven12

• S Class
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
Suspicious Window Opening
« on: May 22, 2021, 09:39:51 pm »
Hi, first time post so I wonder if anyone can help. For the last two consecutive Saturdays I have parked opposite a friends house and returned to my Mazda 6 to find all four windows opened. The first time all were open by about 3 to 4 inches and today all four were fully opened. I didn't think the electric windows could be opened without the car 's ignition being switched on. I know there is a slight delay after switching off giving time to fully close the windows but I have never encountered all four windows being opened remotely before. Has anyone encountered a similar situation or know about the problem that I have. Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Elwood

• TS Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2007
Re: Suspicious Window Opening
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 08:01:41 pm »
The windows can opened remotely from the key fob by holding down the unlock button and, simalarly can be closed remotely by holding down the lock button. This is a useful feature in summer when returning to your car after leaving it in the sun. Remotely opening the windows whilst approaching the car allows some of the heat to dispearse.

Perhaps someone has inadvertantly operated the remote function whilst you have been in your friend's house.
Hope this helps.