Author Topic: Navigation system warnings and alerts  (Read 3487 times)

Offline Resistme

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2016
Navigation system warnings and alerts
« on: March 15, 2021, 09:24:55 am »
Hi

I've just bought my first Mazda 6 estate 2016 after trading in my Vauxhall, so joined this forum and have a few queries re the new Mazda Connect navigation system.

1. How do you add additional POI to the Mazda? I've got the original 2015 maps, but it mainly for European points of interest and wanted to add/custom POI.

2. In my old Vauxhall, I still got speed camera warnings / alerts even if I hadn't set a designation. However in my new Mazda, I only seam to get alerts if I have set a designation. Is there a setting I can change.

3. Is there a way to switch off audio directions, but still have vocal warnings and alerts. I can do this on my TomTom?

Many thanks

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009

Offline Resistme

• S Class
Re: Navigation system warnings and alerts
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 06:50:56 pm »
thanks will look at that.

Offline Resistme

• S Class
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 07:09:46 pm »
I couldn't see this in the manual.

Do you have to have a destination set before the speeding/speed camera warnings work?

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 12:23:29 pm »
I have a 2019 Sport Nav but I believe it is the same system. In the menu, under vehicle setting there should be an option for safety warnings to make these either visual only or audio and visual. If you change this to audio and visual you will get both whenever the sat nav screen is on irrespective of whether you have set a destination or not and you should still get audio warnings when any other screen is displayed

Offline Resistme

• S Class
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 07:19:07 pm »
I have a 2019 Sport Nav but I believe it is the same system. In the menu, under vehicle setting there should be an option for safety warnings to make these either visual only or audio and visual. If you change this to audio and visual you will get both whenever the sat nav screen is on irrespective of whether you have set a destination or not and you should still get audio warnings when any other screen is displayed

Thanks. I've not really driven anywhere since I got the car on Friday so hard to check stuck at home. I'll look at the settings and hopefully it works, as that would be perfect as I don't always set destinations when driving.

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 12:27:41 pm »
Had a quick look last night on mine which I assume is still the same system.
From the Sat Nav screen, choose the Settings option (looks a bit like a cog) and you should see a list of settings Choose "Warning settings" then you should see another list of settings, one of which is Speed Cameras and you can choose Audio and Visual together or either one on their own. There may also be one that says "Warn for Cameras" and you need to set this to Always.