Author Topic: Intermittent alarm fix for your Mazda 6  (Read 3030 times)

Offline dmoggy

• S Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Intermittent alarm fix for your Mazda 6
« on: July 03, 2020, 05:59:32 pm »
Hi.
I'm a newbie member and was itching to get on this forum to save many other members the grief and overpriced expense of getting their intruder alarms fixed on their Mazda 6. I've had problems with the alarm going off intermittently for a couple weeks now on my 2.0L 2010 model, so have had to leave the car unlocked. However, my no-cost fix may be applicable to other models too.
One of my "tired" neighbours gave me a clue, saying that the interior light came on when the alarm sounded, which indicated that one of the sensors was being activated. Reading many other posts and comments on other websites, this was mainly due to a faulty door actuator or bonnet sensor. With Mazda prices around £100 to have a diagnostic check, then another £250 or so to have a door actuator changed, I thought there must be another way. Many posts have suggested disabling the sounder (siren), which is located on the inner right wing panel in the boot, behind the trim and next to the jack. That's OK, but the indicators will still flash, so could run down the car's battery after an extended period. The sounder's fuse can be pulled, but that also affects the main horn. The intruder alarm ECU module (which I've not yet located) must not be disconnected, as Mazda say it may immobilise the engine, and to my knowledge does not contain back-up rechargeable batteries, unlike Vauxhall with their Power Sounders.
SO, the bottom line is, if you can do without the intruder alarm, but still have the facility of using the remote central locking, then
TRY THIS 60-SECOND FIX.
Open the bonnet. On the plastic panel above the grille, is a 2-pin grey connector block. Remove it from the panel (to give more room), release it's retaining lug (a bit fiddly) and pull apart. Enclose both ends of the connector with plastic or tape to keep out dirt & water. Close bonnet - JOB DONE.
When engaging the central locking, the locks will "clunk" as usual but the indicators will not flash. The bonnet sensor is the only one not connected to the central locking system, so don't attempt to disconnect any of the others (including the boot).
At least your neighbours may start speaking to you again!
Happy to help.