Author Topic: Want to disable alarm completely - 2006 model  (Read 10267 times)

Offline 6sess

• S Class
  • Colour: Strato Blue (25E) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sakata
  • Year: 2006
Want to disable alarm completely - 2006 model
« on: November 15, 2019, 11:48:44 am »
The alarm has taken it upon it itself to go off 'as and when'. Looking online I see there might be various reasons, including a faulty door actuator. However, bearing in mind we live in a safe rural area where the alarm isn't really important I'd prefer to just take the quick way out and do away with it entirely. I've checked the usual suspects - good car battery, good battery in fob, doors properly closed etc.

I watched a Youtube video of a guy stripping out the centre of the dashboard and pulling the plug on the alarm module so I spent a happy morning attempting to do the same. Alas, when I got there my car doesn't have an alarm module at that location. I did find a box marked 'keyless module' above the glove box but assumed that was a central locking receiver so left it alone.

Following another Youtube session in which another guy unplugged a 'horn siren' situated in the boot floor (driver's side - UK ) I had a look there - again nothing - but further delving revealed this gizmo at the passenger's side of the boot way down below the trim. I can't get a hand in to disconnect it and I haven't had time to strip out the trim yet but before I do I'd appreciate some more help!

Can anyone tell me...

a) Is the 'honking' sound of the alarm the car's main horn or this thing in the boot because some folks have pulled the horn
    fuse and apparently killed it that way - taking the stop lights with it!!! (Not a good idea)

b) If I unplug the 'siren horn' in the boot will the lights continue to flash if the alarm goes off - or does this unit incorporate the
    whole 'alarm module'?

c) Does anyone know if there's a separate 'alarm module' that would kill the whole lot - and if so where is it on a 2006 UK  spec
    car?

d) I'm guessing the alarm doesn't have a dedicated fuse in the main fusebox but it must be fed from the car's electrics
    somewhere - anyone know where so that I could disconnect the power to it?

Sorry for the long post but it's driving us (and the neighbours!) mad!

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Want to disable alarm completely - 2006 model
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 09:37:53 pm »
I'm not sure that discussing how to disable the alarm is quite the thing to ask on a public forum such as this. 

As this is your first posting on the forum, asking such a question instantly rings warning bells, not to say "alarms"

I would advise anybody answering this  to think carefully before replying.  Making suggestions on how to disable a device intended to protect your property could prove embarrassing. 

> 6sess.  If you are intent on disabling the alarm, then I suggest that you either visit your local dealership or a company that specializes in such things and get advice from them. 
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 01:00:37 pm »
I think that if you lock the car with the key instead of the remote fob, the alarm is not activated. So it cannot go off, etc. It will still be there but it will not be alive.

The way these cars go crazy with the alarm is really random. I am not sure if there is a quick fix for them. If you cannot make sense of how the alarm is set up, it will cost you a mini fortune to either stop making it going off or asking somebody to remove it.

Offline 6sess

• S Class
  • Colour: Strato Blue (25E) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Trim: Sakata
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 08:29:05 pm »
I take your point completely about discussing this on a public forum and I can, of course reassure everyone that this is a genuine enquiry from a (demented!) owner - not an opportunist thief!  Mind you, any would-be thief would have to gain entry to the car to disable or disconnect the alarm so knowing where the component parts are would be of little help I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion to lock the car with the key. Yes, that's a possibility - when I remember!

If anyone does know for sure how to disable the thing completely and is happy to email me privately I'd certainly appreciate it.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 11:29:48 am »
Try the key for locking and you may be fine. If you try to remove stuff, you may cause other problems to the car.

Lock the car with the fob and unlock it with the key. You will activate the alarm and you will locate the siren.

But so many things can go wrong if you try to remove it. Not locking with the fob does the same job as disabling but the infrastructure is still there.

If you need more evidence that things can go wrong if you try to fix the alarm, have a read at this:

http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=3341.msg13104#msg13104