Author Topic: 2015 Mazda 6 Sport Nav  (Read 5854 times)

Offline Nurseboi79

• S Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
2015 Mazda 6 Sport Nav
« on: January 30, 2019, 07:56:01 am »
Hello Mazda peeps,

I have just purchased or at least put down a deposit for a 2015 Mazda 6 AUTO Sport Nav, it is a 65 plate so it has had the mini face lift from the early 2015. It is the 2.2 Diesel 175BHP and it is sonic silver. I am trading in my 2013 Mazda 3 Sport manual 1.6 petrol.

The car has 22,000 miles on it and has had 2 previous owners, I will be owner number 3. I have to say the fact it all ready has had 2 previous owners at 3ish years old and with only 22000 miles scars the CRAP out of me, I guess though there are a number of possibilities for this and it may be a good thing.

What sold me inspite of the above is that the car yard, a mazda dealership offer a 3 year wareentee! I guess with 3 years cover if anything goes wrong I'll be covered (hopefully nothing goes wrong). I have had Mazda's before as has my family and touch wood none of us have ever had any issues, but we have all only ever had petrol engines which I have been told are bomb proof, trawling around the net there seems to be a lot that can go wrong with a desel?

OK, I am waffling now.

QUESTION - What do you all think? Does it sound ok, should I be worried, any desel advice would be appreciated. 

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Re: 2015 Mazda 6 Sport Nav
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 12:42:53 pm »
The dealer should be able to tell you the full owner history of the vehicle. It may be that the car was a originally a pre-reg or a demonstrator, which would be one owner. Also, the mileage is fairly low so perhaps the last owner decided a petrol engine would work better for them.
My own car was a demonstrator before I owned it and I will have owned it for five years later this year.
With regards to diesel advice, I have only owned petrol cars so cannot help on that but it seems a lot depends on both mileage and what kind of driving you are doing.
As I say, if you in anyway unsure, ask the dealer for more information and if you're not happy ask for the deposit back and walk away.

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:27:35 am »
Check which level of warranty you're getting.  Read up on dpf regens and try not to stop the engine while it's doing one.  Keep an eye on oil level - you don't want it to get to the X mark on the dipstick.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 06:50:54 pm »
Also check with the dealer whether this car is due the injectors recall.

If you are not going to drive a lot, you may not need a diesel.

Offline Nurseboi79

• S Class
Re: 2015 Mazda 6 Sport Nav BIG THANKS!!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 04:43:47 pm »
Thank you all for your comments!!! So helpful.

I have pulled out of the deal because I really don't need a diesel. After much research through the information on this forum, youtube and from your helpful advice I feel that I might run into DPF issues due to the low miles I do. In addition as I don't drive that often or that far I most likely would not benefit from the additional economy as the engine on a lot of trips will not have a chance to warm up fully therefore not reach it's maximum efficiency.

You have all been so helpful and I have learnt a GREAT deal now about diesels. I will continue my search more informed and armed with knowledge haha  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 04:49:29 pm by Nurseboi79 »

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 12:31:05 pm »
Well done!

Ideally you need to run any engine to a temperature that is hot enough to make sure that steam is not building up in the oil.

The problem with the diesels is that even if you run them long enough to warm up, you need to be doing a certain average speed to keep them clean. I have the second generation car and this speed is 25mph. That average speed is impossible to maintain in city driving.

However, even if you do low miles, you can keep a diesel clean by using it on longer distances. For example just using it once per week but running it away from the city.

If you do not need the extra space, the benefits of the bigger car in terms of handling, will not make any difference to your short drives. So you could stay with the 3 for a while and see how the market develops with new fuel options.