Author Topic: Vehicle system malfunction !!!  (Read 9252 times)

Offline adrianeduard88

• S Class
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Vehicle system malfunction !!!
« on: December 06, 2018, 09:07:04 am »
Good morning!
I've got a mazda 6 2015 2.2D automatic Sport Nav 89k miles. One week ago an warning light come up saying "vehicle system malfunction". I've been to mazda dealer and they reckon that is oil pressure low...but not the oil pressure light show me on the dash..obviously mazda says that they need couple days to investigate the car and about 300£ only for diagnoses. Yesterday I went to another garage..he diagnosed  twice..he couldn't find something wrong..Just to eliminate one of the causes we've change Oil pressure sensor.. but nothing changed...after few hours driving that light(little yellow triangle) still coming up. I can mention the engine is working good when the light is on..every time I've stopped the car the warning light reset! I am waiting for yours opinions, please..Can I still use the car? Thank you

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Vehicle system malfunction !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 05:07:22 pm »
It does not sound safe to drive it. What did the dealer say?

Check the owners manual what can cause this warning.

If the oil pressure light comes on, then it will be too late. It does not sound like the oil sensor is related to the vehicle system.

Offline captainbongo

• TS Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 10:10:05 pm »
I had an oil pressure warning light come on at about 90K miles. Turned out that the oil strainer had become blocked (dealer blamed lower quality supermarket diesel!) but resulted in needing a new turbo  :(

Mazda did make a small contribution towards the cost of replacement despite being well out of warranty so could have been worse but still cost £££'s!

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 12:26:18 pm »
He has the third generation car. So he may be lucky with a sensor for automatic stopping and other stuff the new car does, being blocked with dirt. The word system seems to indicate something non mechanical.