Author Topic: Potential Mazda owner  (Read 5111 times)

Offline Magiccat

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Potential Mazda owner
« on: September 23, 2016, 08:36:21 pm »
Good evening all. Visiting your forum. I'm changing cars and a Mazda 6 is the front runner. I'm looking at a 3 year old 2.0 sport. I was wondering if any of youselves could give me any idea what to look out for when buying a used 6. I was going to buy a diesel but have heard some bad things about Mazda DPFs. Have they sorted out the problem? Thanks for any advice

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Potential Mazda owner
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:30:47 pm »
Hi No problems with the GEN 3 diesles 14 plate on even the cam problem with the early 13 plates is more or less sorted by now but it's easy to check via main dealer with the vin number and service record. It's weather you want the 175 BHP auto or manual or the 150 bhp only done in manual. If you do the milage and want diesle then the GEN 3 is great and if you want to have peace of mind about the DPF issue do what i do and have the oil and filter changed every 6000 miles or 6 months it solves the problem :)Mines a 14 plate 175 auto 30000miles goes like a rocket and average 50 MPG actual not by the computer :) If you really want petrol they are all good to just slightly less power and you can't have the top of the range in auto. You say you want a 3 year old so that makes it a GEN 3 and not a GEN 2 so diesle or petrol you should be fine. Hope this helps and like with all modern cars get a good warranty and keep it under a Mazda warranty any major repairs on any modern car are just so expensive. The other thing to remember is make sure it's got a skinny spare wheel if not do a deal for one when you buy the car you should get it at a better price. The gunk kit is all but useless  >:(
cheers steve  8)

Offline Magiccat

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 09:17:24 pm »
Thanks for the advice and replying. Lovely big cars. My wife has had a 2.0 mx5 for 6 years and it hasn't missed a beat - and she likes to explore the limits of adhesion on a B road. I think my minds made up. A 6 it is. Bye bye Audi.

Offline Flying KD

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:54:22 pm »
Aye that's the right decision, far better value for money than most other stuff and reliability seems well above average. Enjoy it when you take the plunge.