Author Topic: Hi from a new enthusiast  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Harry Stottle

• S Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sakata
  • Year: 2004
Hi from a new enthusiast
« on: March 18, 2016, 12:11:40 pm »
Hi all,
Thanks for inviting me in as a new member.
As someone who always coveted a friends Mazda despite having a few quality motors myself over the years, my attention was recently brought to a 2004 Sataka in lovely condition but carrying a recent mot failure sheet.
The owner was arranging to scrap it, which I thought was such a shame to do, so I offered the scrap price with a view to extending the old girl's life as a hobby project.
As a consequence, I will now be relying on folks like yourselves to give me the expert knowledge I need to put the car where it deserves to be - back on the road.
Hopefully I'll find all the help I need here, and have this future classic back to A1 condition.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Hi from a new enthusiast
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I must admit, I don't envy you your task, but praise your enthusiasm.

There is plenty of information available to you on the forum and I'm sure if you ask, then someone will be able to give you some guidance.

Might I suggest some photos before/after and along the way, in a dedicated Project topic. We have a dedicated area here  http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/index.php?board=38.0  for brave souls who want to share their failures and successes.   

And you might like to read this http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=1846.0  to help you with posting pictures.

Good Luck   
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.