Author Topic: Bluetooth Kit  (Read 24105 times)

Offline TommyAwesome

• TS Class
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2004
Bluetooth Kit
« on: October 14, 2011, 06:01:03 pm »
Hello all, I'm looking into getting a Bluetooth kit, that integrates with the BOSE 6 CD changer stereo system.

I've seen the Parrot CK3100, it's cheap (ish), and looks like it has all the features I'd want. I've been quoted around £250+ to buy and fit it, which seems extremely high!!!

Has anyone fitted it/something similar them selves??
I know you need to buy some sort of adapter, which plugs into the back of the stereo, so could anyone advise me what i need and how to do it??

Offline Dadawg

• S Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
Re: Bluetooth Kit
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 08:01:41 pm »

I had a parrot kit (mk9200i) installed in my old 6 (no BOSE) at halfrauds, £220 for kit, the wiring adapter and mounting bracket for screen. Now i want it installed into my new model with BOSE, so off to halfrauds again, this time they wanted £50 to remove/reinstall (which is a fair price i think) and an extra £65 for the adapter to make it work on the BOSE. Have spent several hours looking for cheaper alternatives but can only save myself £5 by finding it on ebay if i'm lucky enough to get free P&P. Have also tried to find the pin outs and connectors used in RS and Farnell to try and make it myself but without actually buying the correct one to start with i can see this becoming a pain.

Regards

Offline TommyAwesome

• TS Class
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:16:01 pm »
Yeah, I've seen the S0 - 1011 or something along those lines is around £50... If Halfords will fit for £50 to remove and re-install, that's a bargain!! I just don't know if I'd trust Halfords!!

But I shall make enquiries... I'm thinking the MKi9200, or i think it's the MK6100 both give iphone support and have screens to see what you're doing.

I just gotta work out if i can justify spending £200+ to get it all done.

Offline metalmickey

• Sport Class
  • Year: 2005
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:05:18 pm »
I have parrot MKi9100 kit, had supplied and fitted by halfords.
Allows you to connect usb devices, ipod and 3.5mm jack devices as well as bluetooth.
I had Bury cc9060 kit also from halfords but it played up from start so swapped with parrot kit.
I have my music on a micro sdhc card and connect via a usb adapter plugged into usb lead from kit.
Only issues I have about kit is the screen a bit small, differcult to read in bright sunlight and music plays through front speakers only so turn the volume right up.
Having Bose system means getting additional lead which Halfords supplied with kit

Offline TommyAwesome

• TS Class
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 08:17:06 pm »
How much did Halfords charge to fit it, and did they do a good job??

I think I'm gonna go for the 9200 if i can raise the cash... It does look awesome!!

Offline metalmickey

• Sport Class
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 03:35:44 pm »
£25 fitting cost, £60 for additional cable (had to be ordered), £120 for Parrot MKi9100 kit, was reduced from £150 due to fact I had Bury cc9060 supplied and fitted by Halfords which was display model but would not work.
Fitting took less than 1 hour and they place display where you want it if enough lead length.
Pleased with service, technician very helpful.
When changed from Bury to Parrot kit same additional lead is used.
Halfords will only fit kits you buy from them.
I was thinking of getting MKi9200 but decided to go for cheaper option.

Offline TommyAwesome

• TS Class
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 05:47:36 pm »
Cool, I went to Halfords today and they didn't have the adaptor lead, but should get it next week, so think I'll book myself in!! Guess it'll be around £225 after fitting as well... but with a top of the range Bluetooth kit, with iPod, USB, and headphone jack, i think that's a good deal!!

I couldn't believe they fit it for £25!! that's a bargain!!

I shall report back results when its done!

Offline metalmickey

• Sport Class
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 07:27:27 pm »
How much did they quote for the additional lead, mine was just under £60.
With the MKi9200 kit plus lead and fitting that would be around £255 unless Halfords are selling the kit and or lead at cheaper price.
Happy with the kit I have especially been able to connect usb stick/memory card with usb adapter, ipod and any 3.5mm audio device to listen to music.

Offline TommyAwesome

• TS Class
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 08:08:47 pm »
Not 100% sure what the lead costs, the MKi9200, is 150 or 160 quid i think... i guess the additional lead will be 45-60 quid, so then its just £25 fitting...

Offline TommyAwesome

• TS Class
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 07:38:34 pm »
Right - urgent help required!!!

I bought the Parrot MKi9200 and SOT-1011 adapter that Halfords recommended, but they couldn't fit until next week, so I thought I'd have a go myself... After taking what seemed an eternity to remove the Cup Holder part, and then the Stereo... I cannot get my Stereo to turn on when the adaptor is plugged in...

I've managed to get power to the Parrot device, but no sound to speakers, and the stereo won't turn on...

I've looked round online for a wiring diagram, but so far no luck!

Any ideas???

Offline TommyAwesome

• TS Class
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 02:20:23 am »
Update - I'm an idiot!! original problem was that I hadn't fully pushed the correct plug/connector into the socket!! Once that was done, the stereo turned on... But now, that leads me to my next problem!!

Everything seems to be wired up correctly, but the the switching of sound between stereo and Parrot/iPhone doesn't work properly...

When I go to the menu on the Parrot device, it says "Phonebook" through the speakers, then switches to the sound of the cd playing on the stereo, then it switches off the sound... then on, then 3 seconds later, off...

Then nothing!! So I can leave the Parrot device as idle (as in not playing/streaming music etc), and the stereo sounds will not kick back in to working!!

Any ideas??

Offline TommyAwesome

• TS Class
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 10:27:23 am »
All sorted now - took to Halfords, and turns out there is a wire that needs splicing with the 12v wire from the stereo - or something along those lines!

Either way, for £25 Halfords fitted and all is fine!! Bargain!!!

This thread can now be closed.

Offline geoffbart

• S Class
  • Colour: Graphite Mica (38R) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 10:58:03 pm »
Hi Tommy and others,  Have an additional thread running which is similar on removal of Bose headunit.  Have the Bose 6-stacker with aux amp under passenger seat and looking to install a Grom Audio bluetooth unit.  Same issues as Tommy, interface cable provided for install with a necessary wire tap to the power supply cable on the driver's side of the head unit.  (plenty of details on the other thread).

Really, am just wondering about how to get access to the stereo cabling as removing power lead on drivers side isn't possible from underneath/footwell.  Thinking from Tommy's explanation that the whole stereo may have to come out but will look forward to any suggestions / pictures / advice/ etc etc.  Have attached the only info I could find on the other thread  (a link to some pictures)

Also, there was a suggestion early up in a reply to this thread that aux music from the bluetooth parrot unit only plays through the front speakers?  Has this been everyone's experience as I am wondering whether this Grom Audio unit will have the same outcome.  Thanks in advance.

Offline bandituk

• S Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Year: 2007
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 08:42:18 pm »
Just to share my own experiences on this from my 2007 model sport with Bose. I initially bought an x-carlink complete with the bluetooth add-on module. This was great for music but didn't work reliably with my phone for the hands-free side of things, so I ended up returning it. I then fitted a Parrot MK9200i with the special Bose lead code MAZ06TEL (both bought from justcarkits.co.uk for a total of £230 inc shipping), which gives me sound from all speakers. This works brilliantly for the hands-free and is OK for music - I play mp3s from the SD card slot built into the screen of the Parrot, but there are also 3.5mm, USB and iPod connections too, the cable for which I have run to the glovebox. The only downside for music is that you are using the amp built into the Parrot (in conjuction with the Bose booster amp) which means you have to control the volume, etc from the Parrot rather than the stereo.