Author Topic: Laned Roundabout Collision Advice  (Read 5711 times)

Offline Joel

• S Class
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2014
Laned Roundabout Collision Advice
« on: January 25, 2018, 10:32:04 am »
Good morning,

A friend of mine at a cab firm was chatting to me about a collision he had over a year ago. Apparently, solicitors contacted him on behalf of the TP insurance company and told him the claim was still open and added they’re seeking £8,000 for injury. I got firsthand looks at the vehicle a few hours after it happened… O/S mirror crushed, O/S wing crumpled in and driver door slightly compromised. Apparently, the TP’s vehicle suffered the same damage but on the N/S. The solicitors are threatening small claims court action and he asked my advice on who’s at fault, despite him being pretty certain it was the TP’s for not looking. The first picture will be of the disciplined lanes on the roundabout. Red represents entering from one end and which lanes to be in, green represents entering from a different end and which lanes to be in. The second picture is what happened during the collision. Red represents the TP and green represents friend. I can’t really tell him what my opinion is because to me, it’s a grey area. I’m willing to side with my friend, but a roundabout is a roundabout. I know it’s laned, but it’s not really for me to say.

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

Regards.

https://ibb.co/bKV9Tb
https://ibb.co/kkuEuG

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Laned Roundabout Collision Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:18:51 pm »
Probably both have some responsibility, first for managing to crash each other and now for managing not to resolve the disagreement. That is why we have the insurance companies, let them negotiate and find their middle way. I do not think your friend has to worry about paying £8,000. Just tell him to call his insurance company and ask them to contact the other party that they keep harassing him.