Author Topic: flat spot during boost  (Read 6275 times)

Offline linden cahill

• S Class
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
flat spot during boost
« on: October 07, 2017, 09:17:28 pm »
hi,
bought my 59 plate 185 as a non runner due to dpf been blocked solid.wasnt able to drive before I bought it due to said fault but took a gamble at £1700.car is mint and engine sounded sweet although it would not rev due to blockage in exhaust.i proceeded to remove and remove dpf and had a remap and egr and dpf delete taking car to 204 hp.i also removed sunp to find an immaculately clean oil pick up pipe and internal engine condition,also car had new timing chain ect at mazda 10,000 mile ago at nazda costing £1200.
all in all its running lovely nice clean non rising oil level and goes liks stink
problem I have is it has two flat spots and various degrees of boost,goes like hell then holds back then kicks again,dont think its a mapping issue as he has done a few and never had problems
have spoken to my turbo guys that I have used in past and they reckon that dpf was blocked solide its gummed up or carboned up the nozzles in turbo i.e variable vane and that could be the issue,i run on shell v-max and two stroke oil and I get excellent mpg.
it does boost and kicks you in the pants but to hesitation it can be dangerous,im thinking vvt but open to ideas .
thankyou ror reading and any replies welcome

Offline linden cahill

• S Class
Re: flat spot during boost
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 09:18:46 pm »
egr is blanked too aswell as removed from map

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 09:30:30 am »
You can inspect and clean the turbo pipes.

What do you mean by using 2 stroke oil?

Offline linden cahill

• S Class
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 09:03:30 pm »
hi
I run 2 stroke as a mix in the tank .its a well documented topic on the ford Mondeo  st owners club.it lubes the common rail fuel pump and other components,i was unsure at time but it really does help,improves fuel consumption and power,does noy create any additional smoke either.i put half a litre to £30 of high pweformance diesel.the guy on the Mondeo forum is a bio chemist and spent ages researching this.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 08:38:18 pm »
That is interesting. I have read about the older diesels that burn vegetable oil and being very "oily"/good for the engine but this 2 stroke thing is a bit crazy indeed. Does he run a street legal car or has he butchered the dpf, egr, etc?