Author Topic: loss of power and EML on  (Read 5283 times)

Offline Mackay1888

• S Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
loss of power and EML on
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:58:17 am »
Morning everyone, just wondering if anyone has encountered the problem I am having. I was overtaking a van last night and dropped car into 3rd to go past and there was no kick form the turbo, up to 4th and turbo came back on no problem. Started car up this morning and turbo was fine in 2nd and 3rd gear, got halfway to work and EML light came on and power loss came back. 2009 mazda 6 sport 2.2d. Timing chain has only just been done 1,200 miles ago. Dealer I bought from car told me the DPF was replaced also. Car came with FSH but i see no fuel filter replacement in any of the documents with the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: loss of power and EML on
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 12:10:47 pm »
Hi yes i would definatley replace the fuel filter as there is NO RECORD of it being replaced and if that is the case i have seen a post on here about cleaning or flushing the fuel system that could be worth a try as things might be a bit gummed up and it's starting to cause problems hope this helps.
Cheers Steve  8)

Offline Mackay1888

• S Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
Re: loss of power and EML on
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 01:47:02 pm »
Cheers Steve. Got a mechanic mate coming to have a look at it tonight/tomorrow. Hopefully get it sorted without too much cost.