Author Topic: DIY oil and filter changee on 2010-12 2.2 diesel?  (Read 6873 times)

Offline vitesse

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
DIY oil and filter changee on 2010-12 2.2 diesel?
« on: September 30, 2016, 06:20:12 am »
After all the research and initially not looking at diesel options I am now seriously thinking about a diesel Sport as petrol ones are so rare.

I see that some here do their own intermediate oil changes and I'm up for that but from memory access to the underneath of the engine bay was very poor on my old 05-07 petrol sport. Is some dismantling required under the engine bay to access the drain plug and filter? Is it quite straightforward without a pit, ramp or jack?

Offline bazzamf

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2010
Re: DIY oil and filter changee on 2010-12 2.2 diesel?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 10:09:04 am »
I used to do my own servicing on my petrol cars and I always found the hardest part was removing the tray under the engine to get to the oil drain plug and filter. I'm now too old to manage it, but have found a little garage close to me that will do it for £25 and I supply the oil and filter. All other servicing is so simple to do. Changing air filters etc is child's play, so still do this myself.

Offline vitesse

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 02:11:33 pm »
Thanks for that. Now decided not to go diesel after all. Looks like 2 litre Takuya or a well-equipped TS2 2.0 is the way to go.

Offline bazzamf

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 06:01:29 pm »
A good decision. I have always had petrol cars. They may cost a little more to run, apart from the servicing cost, which is a little cheaper. They are also more reliable and refined than the diesel engine.