Author Topic: Engine light still on after DPF force regen  (Read 6293 times)

Offline davenash

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Engine light still on after DPF force regen
« on: January 02, 2016, 02:52:08 pm »
Hi all,
My Mazda 6 2008 57-plate 2.0 Diesel has been suffering from the well-known DPF light flashing + ECU light + Traction control light + low power mode.  I had it cleaned by Mazda and then it happened again - the second time they quoted me £lots to replace DPF or EGR valve or injector(s) - they couldn't be clear which!  In the event they regenned it manually for free and I took the car home.  I have used an additive and it's lasted 3 months until now, when it happened again.
So this morning I did the manual regen described here:
http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=831.0
http://www.cdn.dk/mazda6/tips.htm

It took an hour but worked - now the DPF light is off and the car drives properly (not in low power mode).  But the other two lights mentioned are still on.
I tried the DPF light reset described in the link but it didn't make any difference.

The oil level is above the F but nowhere near the X.
Any advice, suggestions, opinions or ideas?  The car is driving OK but am I storing up trouble?

By the way the first link above has a post from 678hug including a PDF - but it doesn't open for me.  Does anyone have a good copy I can have?

Thanks,
Dave

Offline davenash

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Re: Engine light still on after DPF force regen
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 08:23:51 pm »
...to follow up on this, after I had taken the car for a short drive and left it a few hours, the two lights on the dash went out.
So all good...well almost all.  I did want to perform the injector calibration procedure too, but repeated attempts failed to have any effect.

Dave

Offline ZookNc

• S Class
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Re: Engine light still on after DPF force regen
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 03:15:19 pm »
Hi Dave,

I had the same problem with injector calibration. All you need to do is wait, let the car idle for a while and you will hear the revs rise indicating the calibration procedure has started. It will do this three times then go back to idle which indicates the procedure is finished.

I had to wait several minutes before anything happened the three times I did this. It seems to have something to do with engine temperature.

Hope this helps.

Good luck, let us know how you went.

Cheers,

Froggy.