Author Topic: I am thinking of selling my 6 GH TS2 2.0 Sport, how much can I get for it?  (Read 5730 times)

Offline makkmartono

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Clearwater Blue (40B)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Hi Everyone,

My GH TS2 2.0 Petrol is 7.5 years old now and has less than 29000 miles on the clock. With full service history, immaculate interior, but it does have a couple of small scratches on the outside as you would expect it from a London car this age.
It has a fullsize spare wheel in the boot and has Michelin Crossclimate tyres installed on all four corners.
It still has RAC warranty on it until the end of October.
I love the car as it has never let me down, even on long journeys at rather high speeds in Europe. But it lacks power, I am tempted to go down the Skoda Octavia VRS route.
Webuyanycar reckons I can get £5500 for my Mazda. What do you guys think? I will probably get it serviced and MOTd before I sell it hopefully that will boost it's value a bit more than the actual service costs. 8)

Thanks
Skoda Octavia vRS 230 DSG Hatch
Mazda 6 Hatchback TS2 2.0 Manual
Mazda 6 Tourer Sport 2.2 175 Auto
Mazda 3 Hatchback Sport 185 Manual
Ford Focus mkII Zetec 2.0 TDCi
Ford Focus mkI Zetec 1.8i

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Trim: Takuya
Try the Honest John Daily Telegraph motoring section "Value my Car."
The figure you quote is the same as offered for a 2 litre  of the same age, as a trade in against another car, but with double the mileage of yours.
So think you may well get a bit better offer.
Low mileage cars in good condition are not normally a big problem selling.Dealers want them,

Offline makkmartono

• Sport Class
Thanks for the tip mate. My biggest issue is that I like Mazdas. They make well
Equipped reliable beautiful cars. But they do rust. I previously ownedd a Skyactiv but that one was a diesel. That one was rusting too even though it was less than 2 years old. The other thing that it did rattle and drove me crazy. I might be looking at a Skyactiv 165ps Petrol as well. But the Octavia VRS is in a different league.

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
Good luck with your search, trying the different cars out can be very interesting. You tend to find one that fits you and you have the that " this will do for me "feeling.Then the haggle with the salesman bit.

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
Should have mentioned if you are looking at the Skoda VRS, very nice car, but check if it's a chain cam engine or belt cam. If belt cam, it will need a new belt ,rollers and water pump at 40k or 4 years whichever comes first.
With main dealer it tends to be on the expensive side of a service. A lot mentioned in various VAG sites. on the subject. £400/£600 is mentioned. Dealers tend to gloss over this fact until your three year warranty is running out . ( I did a bit of homework of this make and was put off by the comments.)
Also are Mazda not bringing the 2.5 petrol engine with a Turbo to the UK in the near future. Read something
along those lines, may well be wrong but if correct will be a great motor.

Offline makkmartono

• Sport Class
I drove a 2.0 TSi Laurin & Klement Superb today. very refined actually Superb car. It has all bells and whistles, lane assist, park assist everything. Pulled like a train too. Mazda's naturally aspirated petrol's do lack that. I have seen a 2.0 Sport Mazda6 Skyactiv at my local dealer, I might give that a go too. It is a beautiful car too.
Thanks for the tip about the timing chain.